Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trending in the right direction

Well, hello there!

I'm happy to report that I lost weight this past week - now trending in the right direction! The total amount that I lost was 1.8, but for the purposes of the tracker above, it only shows 1.6 down...and that's because I was up 0.2 the week before.

Anyway, YAY ME!  This past week was especially hard because we had a snow storm on Friday in Denver and work was cancelled.  That meant me.  In my house.  Alone.  With all the snacks I wanted.  And silly me didn't think that the snow was going to be that bad, so I assumed that I'd be able to stock up on the essentials (like fresh fruit) later.  Not so much.  I survived though...and made the best choices possible.

This week, I'm on a business trip - in fact, as I write this I'm in the town of Goldsboro, NC.  Traveling, in the past, always meant being on vacation and eating whatever the heck I wanted.  And what I wanted was to binge.  And I'll admit, I did a bit of that last night when I ordered boneless chicken wings at Chili's for my dinner (washed down with a large wheat beer).  BUT I definitely had the points left for that...and besides, that is precisely what sounded good after all day travel.  I had already had my nutritional breakfast in the morning, a baggie of cut up apples as a snack on the first leg of my trip, and a healthy turkey and swiss sandwich (with coleslaw) for lunch in the airport in Cleveland (when the burger joint across the way smelled much more appetizing).

This morning's breakfast buffet had no fruit options and no real "healthy" options.  So I stuck with peanut butter and a toasted bagel and a coffee.  For lunch I had a half of a footlong Subway sandwich loaded with veggies and had the other half for dinner.  I did enjoy a package of Sun Chips with each sandwich and I splurged and had Skittles as an afternoon snack.  Other than that?  Nada.  Truthfully? I miss my mid-afternoon fruit and veggie snacks.  Maybe I haven't made the best of choices every time, but I think overall, I've done well - and I've done markedly better than what I ever have done in the past.

This trip has actually been a huge blessing because I have a nasty cold that has me sniffling, sneezing, and coughing often.  I had some work to do today at the manufacturing plant that I visited here, but for the afternoon and early evening, I was able to nap and read a book.*  And honestly?  That has been just what I needed.

I make my return back to Denver tomorrow and with any luck will be able to restock my fridge with fresh items for the weekend and have a nutritious dinner at home. 

I'm determined to have another loss this week.  I'm determined to get some miles in this weekend if the weather cooperates so that I can start preparing for my 7K in a month.

I'm determined to keep trending in the right direction.

* Confession time: I'm actually on my third book since leaving Denver yesterday morning...I read the first two books in "The Hunger Games" trilogy and am 28% through the last one.  If you're looking for a book to distract you from eating (because you're so into it), these might be the ones for you.

17 Comments:

M said...

You can do it! :)

By the way, I'm blogging again. See below.

Missy said...

(That was Missy, by the way...)

Vb said...

I couldn't put the first book down! Funny that something with the title Hunger Games kept me away from food for 2 days. But it did. I've been reading the 3rd book for over a week now, I just can't get into it like the first two.

Congrats on the downward progress. Also, to ensure total randomness with this comment, I was in Denver 2 weeks ago, and it was beautiful! Didn't even need a jacket. In JANUARY.

Gina said...

I may or may not be reading book 2 of the trilogy...my third time through, but in prep for the release of the first movie; love the series! One step at a time, one day at a time...keep moving forward!

Lily Fluffbottom said...

I love moving in the right direction! And boo on the buffet for not having healthier choices. You'd think they'd learn by now. Oh well.

Good for you! I can't wait to hear how your 7k goes!

Amy P said...

My traveling tip - Cuties travel well. If you have a rental car, find a grocery store when you arrive and buy yourself fruits and veggies that you like that don't require refrigeration (unless you have a hotel room with a mini fridge). IF the breakfast buffet has fruit, I always snag the best looking banana to take with me to meetings, etc. All that said, sometimes you just want boneless buffalo wings for dinner.

I was down 1 lb this week. I am glad to be back in meetings. I have some good positive momentum going. Your blog is always a good nudge in the right direction. :-)

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Hey. What up?

Vicki said...

Hi lovely lady... just checking in :) hope everything is ok, its been a while xx

Kris said...

Where are you?!.......?

Kate said...

Just a note to say that as a long-time (lurking) reader of your blog, I miss your humor and unique look at life. I hope all is well with you and that your absence is a well-deserved blogging break and not something more serious. Take care!

Unknown said...

So How are you doing now? Its been a while since your last post.

Lyn said...

We miss you!!

James said...

This is site is full of game information which i want.Thanks
http://www.wefixmac.com

Lucky said...

just found your blog! Love it, keep it up!

Unknown said...

By the end of 1903, Union Oil had 22 wells in production. Several significant discoveries followed, including the Lompoc Oil Field in 1903 and the Cat Canyon field in 1908. Santa Maria graduation cap and gown

Sam said...

very true Gina. I agree what she says totally.
When will you be posting again hun?

SG SAN said...


Hi there,

Very nice post and blog, Nice article and blog, I found it very explanatory and informative, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with us, we know how important is experience in our lives.

take care and stay positive

Your follower,

Lisa from Concessionárias