Friday, September 17, 2010

On a lighter note...

I'm going to run at lunch today. 

The route that I'm going to take will be about 2.5 miles - a good run because tomorrow I'm going to run in Das Hustlehoff.



image from denverwater.org

The thing is, the route that I'm going to take at lunch?  I'm pretty sure there is a prostitute that works the corner.  She's there almost EVERY time I run past her during the day.

She sits on a park bench and gets up when a car stops by her.  Sometimes she gets in, sometimes she doesn't.

It's like daytime drama but without the commercials.  Only if there WERE commercials, the announcer would probably promote it with: "Now with even more VD!"


Update from Wednesday's post: I called in sick yesterday. I just needed a day to veg out, to sleep in, and to be gentle to myself. I slept in, I watched "Life As A House", I cried during the movie, and I watched some Lifetime/Women network's show on raising sextuplets (something I decided I never want to do). I didn't get out of fun pants and a t-shirt until 5 PM... when I got my hair done and returned some clothes that I decided I didn't need.

It was DIVINE - exactly what I needed.

I also did some thinking about my situation...and I feel like I have a better perspective on what I want, why I want it, and what I'm going to do NOW.  NOW I'm going to focus on how wonderful my relationship is.  NOW I'm going to not think or worry about what might happen when I need more.  Right now, I'm happy.  I'm more than satisfied.  And I'm not willing to give up what I have.  In my heart, I know what's next.  And the ring, babies (or no babies), a house, or a pet will all come later.  I don't have to worry or question "what's next?" I just need to be present in this moment.   

7 Comments:

Levi said...

"All in good time, my pretty. All in good time."

Big Clyde said...

Enjoy your run, but I am sorry to hear about the prostitute. Sad.

ERICA said...

Since you're running you should jump into the car before her... Then what would she do...oh wait what would you do?

I totally need those fun pants and movie days sometimes. Today might be one of those days. and Life as a House SUCH a good movie!!! It seems like no one really knows about it but my friends and I would watch it like once a month. I'm tearing up just thinking about my favorite scenes

Auntie Mandy said...

I need a day to myself! I definitely do NOT need sextuplets!

Lanie said...

Glad you're feeling better about your world.

I don't know what to think about the prostitute - I'm somewhere between "we should help her change her life" and "if you can get paid for something you enjoy, why not?" but I'm in an extra weird mood right now.

TinaM said...

Hmmm, to bad about the prostitute... but at least you have some entertainment?

You made the right decision :) It sounds like you two are so good for each other... and now that he knows how you feel I'm sure he'll come around sooner or later!

turleybenson said...

Ooohhh I love that movie!!