Thursday, June 2, 2011

If I could dedicate a song to myself...

It'd be this one.

I'm waiting for me to actually believe it.

But I have hope that one day I will.



Pink – F**kin’ Perfect (Clean Version) Lyrics


Made a wrong turn, once or twice.
Dug my way out, blood and fire.
Bad decisions, that's alright.
Welcome to my silly life.

Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood.
Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down.
Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated.
Look, I'm still around.

Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than, less than perfect.
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing,
You are perfect to me

You're so mean when you talk about yourself; you were wrong.
Change the voices in your head; make them like you instead.
So complicated, look happy, you'll make it
Filled with so much hatred, such a tired game.
It's enough; I've done all I can think of.
Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same.

Woah ohh, pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than, less than perfect.
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like you're nothing,
You are perfect to me.

The whole world's scared so I swallow the fear.
The only thing I should be drinking is an ice cold beer.
So cool in line, and we try try try, but we try too hard and it's a waste of my time.
Done looking for the critics, cause they're everywhere.
They don't like my jeans; they don't get my hair.
Exchange ourselves, and we do it all the time.
Why do we do that? Why do I do that?

Why do I do that?

5 Comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

L-O-V-E this song. It is awesome to run to as well...love it, love it, love it.

Funny how it ties into what I've been thinking about/blogging about for the past few days.

I know I've been in "Oprah" mode for a bit, but she said in her last show that there's a common thread of so, many, many people all feeling that they are not good enough. Then she said, "You are good enough because you are here on this earth".

You are already perfect - just as you are! Hope you take a minute today, look at yourself in the eyes in the mirror, and tell yourself exactly that - you are perfect.

Lily Fluffbottom said...

I feel like there has been an upswing in self empowerment songs lately... this one, Born this Way, Firework... I love this trend! Its really time to start taking care of our selves, and I'm glad the media is catching up on it.

MizFit said...

I love the song and PINK as well.

You are enough.
TODAY.
without ever ever changing a thing.

now remind yourself of that.
frequently.

Carla

Lanie said...

another song I absolutely love. PINK rules.

My FIL was in & out of the hospital for 3 weeks and my jeans appear to be shrinking.

Unknown said...

http://gelasredaksi.info/jauhi-makan-5-buah-ini-bila-ingin-turunkan-berat-tubuh/