Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where is a cameraman when you need one?

This post is actually on my other blog, but I decided that it fit better over here...so I'm double posting. :) That's how I roll.

Last night I had a thrilling night. I watched "The Happening" AND "Baby Mama." And I stayed awake through both movies. If you've ever been around me while a movie was on, you know that me staying awake through an entire movie (let alone two) is pretty darn amazing. Typically, I'm asleep by the time the opening credits get done rolling.

Alright, so my night wasn't as thrilling as a single 31 year old's should be, but I was happy.

Tonight I decided to turn over a new leaf and return the movies to Blockbuster on time. Hey, what can I say? I am Oprah-esque. I make the world a better place. So I took the pooch up with me - it's not far away (maybe a mile) and besides, Chassis loves to go for walks. There we were, walking at a brisk pace when I decided that I'd rather run.

(short aside: When I lived in Oklahoma, I used to run each night on the track by my apartment. I got to where I was running for an hour or so and I loved it. Now, I'm quite a bit heavier than I was then, and I guess I stopped thinking that I was in any condition to run. I mean, I've been "running" 4-5 miles at the gym...but it's been on an elliptical machine. Which is really not running at all. It's like the "I can't believe it's not butter" of running. It's close - but not the same. So running today without being out of breath was something that I had not even realized I missed.)


So I ran (I ran so far away...) to Blockbuster and back...with my HUGE dog literally loping right beside me. Usually we get cars to stop and/or stare - because Chassis is so big (thus her ability to lope like a horse). But today if anyone was looking, I think it was because we would've made a pretty cool picture.

You know, I've always admired those little tiny girls, running with their golden retrievers right beside them. Somehow they look like they'd get done running, pile in to their Land Rover, and go shopping at Pottery Barn. And even though I know that I don't quite make the same picture (bigger redhead with a huge blue dog piling into a MINI), I think it was just as cool.

1 Comment:

Kris said...

Good for you for 'running' to the evil Blockbuster. A mile? I would have driven.