Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful list

I am so thankful.

1) My knees and I have been living in harmony the last couple of weeks. I've been able to run each day without any pain - other than slight discomfort if I sit for too long after the run. Today makes day 9 IN A ROW that I've ran at least 2 miles. I'm so thankful that my knees are getting healthier!

2) I'm so thankful for friends and blogging buddies that are encouraging me on this journey. My eating hasn't been perfect - not this week at least - but my energy has been much more positive. That is largely due to me focusing on the positive thoughts and vibes people have been sending my way.

3) I'm so thankful that it's been in the 60s and lower 70s this week. It's allowed me to run at work, which I typically don't do if it's over 75. Running during my lunch hour gives me a chance to de-stress and get mentally ready for the rest of the day. Even when I feel that I don't have time to run, I've been going. It has made all the difference!

4) I'm so thankful that my headaches have gotten better over the past week. I suspect that decreasing my junk food consumption has had an effect on this, but I'm thankful nonetheless.

5) I'm thankful that I can move my body much better than I could last year. I'm thankful that it functions so much better. I remember at the start of the summer last year that I wasn't looking forward to it. Summer meant hot. Summer meant me hiding inside my house because going outside means I will sweat and I will be uncomfortable. Summer still means hot...but it also means that I get to have fresh fruit, that I look forward to early morning runs and the laughter of kids playing around my place. It certainly isn't my favorite time of year still, but it's a lot better time than what it has been.

1 Comment:

Levi said...

Thank you too.