Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm not sure what this means

This past week I lost 2.2 pounds - without really trying. I mean, I'm not really tracking...and to be honest, I splurged quite a bit. Or at least, I felt like I did.

I guess that's the bad thing about not tracking...when you lose or gain weight, you don't really know why.

Basically, I tried to stick to healthy eating principles. I tried to stick to making sure to monitor when my body was hungry or full. And I guess I can take the loss as a way of saying that even when I'm not tracking, as long as I'm mindful, I will be successful.

On one hand, I'm super happy to be down unexpectedly. I'm closer to the halfway point again and I am going to be so glad whenever it is that I move past the 55.6 mark.

On the other hand, I'm a little weirded out. Because I have to be honest, I'm not really sure that this week wasn't just a fluke. I know that last Monday I ate a bit more before the meeting. I'm tempted to think that I didn't earn this weight loss in my heart.

But then I remember that I DID earn it. Even if I just weighed heavier last week, then that means that I earned it last week without really being aware of it.

Going forward, I don't want to get cocky and put it on auto-pilot without being mindful. I need to take faith in knowing that the last three weeks is indicative of me maybe knowing what I'm doing when I don't think as hard about it - and when I don't analyze things too much.

So I'm going to stay the course. I'm going to be steady. I'm going to concentrate on health - mind, body, and spirit. And I'm going to remember that it's just one week. It's not a big deal at all. Yup, mindful, but not overly analytical - that's my goal for this week.

0 Comments: