Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm dating Jillian

This morning, I had a horrible thing happen...

My jeans ripped.  At work.  Where I didn't have more jeans or pants.

Know what I did have?  A fleece jacket (pretty much part of the required uniform in Colorado).  So I quickly tied it around my waist and went into my boss' office.  I started to say that I had an emergency and that I needed to take an hour off.  But instead I told him the truth - which was basically that I had an emergency and needed to leave for an hour).  He was understanding and I went home to change.

They didn't split in my thigh area, but rather in the butt.  And after I took them off at home I still didn't see a stress part where it stemmed from.  It's not like these were especially threadbare, so I'm not sure what happened.  These jeans weren't tight on me (no shoehorn needed to get into them!), but they weren't baggy either so I really am stumped.

Know what I do know?  I need to buy more jeans.  And I REALLY hate that idea since I already have TWO new pairs of jeans in the closet that I can't fit into.

(sigh)

This actually is good though.  Because after losing two pounds this past week (YAY!) I decided that even though I want to continue to pay attention to my food, what I really need/want is to move more.  And I know myself well enough that I need to have a goal or I get lazy about exercising.

I actually have two goals.  But the first involves a certain little lady who yells.

That's right, folks.  I'm taking the 30 Day Shred Challenge. 

I promise (to myself mostly...but putting this out there means that I'm more likely to not squelch on the promise) to sweat with Jillian for the next 30 days, starting today.

I've done the shred before - and even done it consistently.  But 30 days in a row?  Not so much.

I know that Jams and Debbie did it.  So I know it's possible.  AND I know that my body will love being able to do something positive.  My mind will love being able to accomplish a goal - one that isn't tied to a certain number of calories eaten or pounds lost.

Joe knows about my goal and he promised to be in another room while I'm doing it if he's at home.  AND a good friend from college is coming to visit me on the 18th of next month...so I'll have completed this and won't have to worry about the conflict of a guest.

I know I'll regret writing this tomorrow...but I'm kind of excited about spending this much time with Jillian.

What about you - any short term goals you have that you're willing to share?

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, way to go on the 30 Day Shred. I tried it, but didn't last. I will give it a go again once a drop a few more pounds. I need to work up to that slowly. Good luck. PS - people who are at their ideal weight split their pants too...but it is horrifying, isn't it?

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

I'm glad you finally feel well enough to want to work out...it's been a long tough road for you, lady!

I'm not sure if there was another Debbie who did the 30 Day Shred, too...when I di it there were a few little things that kept me going.
1. It's less than half an hour - I always thought, "What's half an hour?" It always made me make time to do it.
2. I didn't progress from one level to the next until I was ready. That meant I stayed on Level 1 for over 2 weeks. But eventually I got to level 3.
3. I used motivation stickers on my calendar - one for each of the 30 days. It kept me accountable.

I was so much stronger after those 30 days...and I had been virtually a slug for a few months up to that point.

I know you can do it. YOU CAN!

Lor said...

i tried, and made it about 15 days. just make sure you don't overdo!! a tip, too, once you feel like progressing to level 2, i alternated levels 1 and 2. i felt that it gave me a better work out, and it wasn't the same thing every day at that point.

good luck to you, and you can totally do it!! xo

Karen said...

Since exercise is out for me right now, I am really focusing on my eating. Trying to only eat when hungry (gee, Karen, what an idea!) and only healthy stuff.

Lanie said...

God help you, Anne. God help you.

Look on the bright side, you can always go back and delete this entire post and pretend you never said it.

Smile and nod boys . . . smile and nod . . .

Kris said...

O'h Anne! I am cheering you ALL THE WAY!!! ANd, not jealous! I bought the EA Sports workout. But, then I went to house sit so I have not given it much time. My very short term goal, like day to day, is to only eat when I am hungry! What a concept huh! Weird thing is when I do this, I often eat only a couple times a day, and, not a lot. And this FREAKS me out....so day to day....Keep us posted, Anne!!!!

Roxie Morrow said...

Good luck with your shred! I know you can do it, especially if you've done it before. I love Jillian and how much of a hard-ass she is.
I'll be rootin' for ya!

I just came across your blog, so glad I did....very funny and motivating! I'm now a new follower!

Roxie-Girl

the strawberry said...

Eerie.. I was at Target yesterday and had this DVD in one hand, and Bob's Kettle Bell DVD in the other- such conflict!! I wasn't sure I could actually do it 30 days straight (I do love the workout though- thank you, Comcast). I bought Bob's instead! If you do it for 30 days, I'll get it and do it for 30 days next! Now, I have a date with Bob- he doesn't yell so much ;)

The Babe said...

Two words:
PAJAMA JEANS

You're braver than I. Jillian scares the heck out of me. Mostly because I find her so abrasive that I would probably slap her, and then she would get mad and take me down. Regardless, it wouldn't be pretty...

Brandi {1 of 2} said...

How much room does it take to do the Shred program? I ordered it through work as a reward for exercise points, but my living room is so small. Eek!

the strawberry said...

I did Bob's last night, and idk if I like it yet honestly. It's about 45-50 minutes long, and there's a lot of repetitive moves (ADD- easily bored, heh). There was one move- scaling- that I just could not do, so I did push-ups instead. I definitely feel it today, and it was a good workout, but I may not be ready to do something like that daily! I might e stopping by to grab the 30 Day Shred after all!

Joy said...

We broke up!!! I tried the Shred but I did not complete it. I should give is another go!

Keep focused!!

Dillypoo said...

I've never worked out with the tee vee before, so I'm not sure how I'd fare. BUT...you wanted to know a short term goal? I'm training to run my first 10K at the end of February!

We can do it! Go Team! Rah Rah Rah...oh, spit. Just focus and get it done!

Katy said...

You should go to Buxom for jeans. I hear she has some good ones. I know the owner and she's really sweet. It's a plus size boutique down on Platte a few stores down from that Pizza place (how ironic huh)