Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just a quick update...

Hi all!

First, I haven't been to the WW for a little while.  I weigh in on Mondays...and the 29th I had to stay late at work, this past Monday was Labor Day (my location was closed), and next week we have tickets to see the Broncos on their first game against the Raiders!  I'll admit, I haven't stepped on the scale, haven't tracked, and in general don't know how I've been doing weight wise.

Unless you count how I feel.  And in that, I've been doing really well.  I'm eating when I'm hungry and not eating when I'm not.

In fact, this weekend, I had ONE Reece's Peanut Butter Cup.  The other one from the package is still in our cabinet.  It may sound like a small thing, but it's a feat that I've never been successful at before.

The big news is that I've made the decision to move out of Joe's place.  It's been a long time coming and I made the decision with a heavy heart.  But I know that it's the right decision for me.  I just can't, in good faith, continue with this relationship without a chance to pause and determine what will make me happy.  I want children and a healthy partner so badly and I can't give that dream up.

I know that that pause needs to be in a location by myself.

Will it mean that we stop dating entirely? Maybe.  Will it be a catalyst to have him get healthier? I hope so.  Will he eventually move in? Maybe.  But this change gives me the chace to better evaluate all the options.

Joe is actually taken it pretty well and has graciously decided to let me stay until the end of the month...

At which time...

Actual door knob from my house. 
All the interior doors have these knobs.
I'm closing on a new place! 

I found the house this weekend and I LOOOOOOOVE it.  It's perfect.  It's a red brick tudor with tons of light/windows and is located only three blocks from a park/lake called Sloan's Lake.  Hello a runner's dream!

*swoon*
I'm thrilled that a place like this is finally in a price range that I can afford.  You can thank Joe for that too - giving me a break from the higher bills I was paying to save for this place.  I don't mean that I didn't contribute financially to the household - I defnitely have.  But the bills - even being split - are less than what I was paying on my own.

Here's a sneak preview of the guest bath - and one of the most awesome features of the house.  It's absolutely adorable.  And for those wanting more details, the tile floor has a light aqua to the buttons.  Other than the other aqua accents, it's completely white or chrome.  I heart it.

I'm doing well.  I'm taking care of myself.  And even though sometimes it's awkward still living with Joe and sad to know that I may never see some of his friends (whom I love dearly) again, I know I'm making the right choice.

I close on September 29th - three weeks from today.  I have a lot to do, a lot to arrange, and a lot to think about.  But I'm optimistic. 

11 Comments:

Jams said...

Big things are coming for you... I know it. I'm pretty sure I've never eaten just one of the Reese's cups out of a package before... EVER. I'm not sure I could do it now, unless someone pried the other one out of my hands.

As for things with Joe... It's sad, but also happy, because you're taking the steps to do what is best for you. That makes me proud.

And the new house! I hope that your closing goes smoothly and that you love every second in the new place! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Kim said...

Congrats to you...on the new house, this new chapter...but most of all...for only having one of the Reese's cups. I know I could never do that...EVER!

I am glad to see that you are doing what you need to do take care of yourself...and that's a great looking bathroom!

Congrats on your future closing--can't wait to see more!!!

Vb said...

Cute house! I'm so excited for you (on all fronts) I can barely contain myself! You know what you want, now GO GET IT!

The Babe said...

Congratulations and be very proud of yourself.

Let me know if you need a friend to help you move. I'm building my biceps for you as we speak!

Charlie Hills said...

I didn't think it was physically possible to eat just one peanut butter cup. Believe me, I understand what a feat that is.

Missy said...

Oh wow. GOOD LUCK!!!

Big hugs. You can do it!

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Oh, Honey! I'm so excited for you! Change is big and hard and scary, but its life too. Good for you for not putting yours on hold.

You deserve the best and whether that is with Joe or something else entirely, you're well on your way of finding that all out.

And one Reese's. That is quite the feat, indeed!

Let me know if you find yourself needing a roommate next year. :p

Miz said...

change has been kicking my ARSE lately.

not yours.

Im happy for and proud of you.


Carla

Levi said...

I have not been reading until today. You are amazingly courageous. A woman after my own heart!

"KT" said...

Those door knobs! That bathroom! Adorable, and wonderful that you're doing what you need to do. :)

Alicia said...

If I could come through the screen & hug you I would. You are so courageous & I'm not sure I could be. This is a huge step in loving yourself as you so deserve. Wow, I'm in complete awe. You are amazing.

Alicia