Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not quite the biggest loser...

Right now I'm right in the middle of the finale for "The Biggest Loser" and I am amazed at how great these people look.

They look great because they have put in the hard work. And although my story isn't as drastic (yet), it's just as significant.

During one of the commercial breaks, I thought that I might want to start packing for what I'm going to wear for Christmas. And the jeans that I was wearing today started slipping down my waist and I thought to myself, "I should probably see if I fit in the smaller jeans."

Not only did I fit in them, but I decided to try on any jeans that I thought might possibly fit. This told me the following things:
1) Old Navy is not consistent in their sizing AT ALL. I fit into three different sizes equally as well, including one that is significantly smaller than what I graduated from high school as.
2) I now fit comfortably into a pair of Gap jeans - and they are SUPER cute.
3) Low waisted jeans do not look good on me at all. :)

Today has actually been really motivating. Not only did I track all of my points so far (which is actually SUPER fun to do online - a new thing for me (the online part)), but I also feel pretty darn motivated knowing that I could be down 40 pounds by Christmas. This is important because I just sent out all my Christmas cards where I stated that I was down 40. And I don't want to be a liar. :)

1 Comment:

Mark and Joella said...

Great job!! It is always fun to be able to 'shop' in your closet and find new clothes to wear :) I'm so proud of you!