Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just what I needed

So I've been having a problem with consistency as of late. Like my weight loss will be down three weeks in a row and then up. And no, it's not because of a monthly thing...

I think it's because the novelty of WW has worn off. I mean, I've been at it since mid-July. And, although I'm proud of my weight loss to date, I'm getting a little bored. I've now been on it longer than I have been "on" any new diet. And I have to say, I'm pretty happy that there are some things that are becoming routine. I find that when I focus on my health and not just the pounds, that I feel better, I do better, and I am better. The weight loss follows. These changes are becoming more "normal" and I'm finding that I'm adjusting to the concept that this whole eating healthier... welll, it gets me feeling healthier. And I want to feel that way for the rest of my life. So returning to old habits isn't a good idea. Although I'm proud of that, I'm finding that the jump between 40 and 45 doesn't seem as big of a deal as the jump between 0 and 5. Am I right or am I right? The novelty has worn off...even if only a tad. Plus, being 45 pounds down has given me lots of compliments...and I'm feeling pretty good. I no longer wear any LB clothes and even fit into a size MEDIUM shirt at the Gap. Alright, it must've been a wonky medium because I don't fit in any other mediums...but I'm still claiming it as fantastic. These are great accomplishments and are the little successes that are keeping me going, even if it's at a slower pace than what it used to be.

Having said that, it's always great to work towards a goal. I'm not even half way to mine and find that mini-goals along the way help out a ton - as does accountability.

Late last year, I joined the Christmas Challenge that Chubby Chick hosted. It was great and kept me on track...or at least was an added bonus of something I got to do on Monday nights after my meeting. :) Plus, I met people like Dave through it (and from him I got to meet a lot of other weight loss bloggers!) - win, win! :)

Anyway, she just started a new challenge...one for between now and the 4th of July. You can sign up at any time and can update at any time. I am excited to work towards a goal...and am glad that she hosts these. You get to set your own goal...and they just ask that you post weekly to talk about how you did. I saw a lot of people choosing 40 pounds (because there is 20 weeks between the start and finish of the challenge). Two pounds a week would be lovely, but I don't think that I could keep up with that. So instead, I'm going for 35....which I think is doable.

Join me if you'd like...it's fun! :)

1 Comment:

Mark and Joella said...

ok...I signed up. Hopefully this will help me stay on track. This week I switched to the core plan - I know they don't really have it with the new momentum plan, but I don't go meetings so I just use the material I already have :)

I had been trying to do points, but I really have problems if I go over points on a day half-way through the week. I don't know why, but I just toss in the towel for the whole week and quite trying to eat right until the next week. I know...I'm crazy. I was doing really good on the core plan when I got pregnant with Sarah and I think I can do good on it again. At least this challenge will give me something/someone to be accountable to, I think I need that sometimes.