Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting back to it...

Yesterday it was all I could do to not completely blow it.

See, Monday and Tuesday I really threw caution to the wind and ate whatever the heck I wanted. I did do "The Firm" on Tuesday (which completely kicks my butt...seriously people...it works!) but I knew that in order to lose the 2 pounds I so brazenly stated I wanted to, I would have to get with the program.

Yesterday I ate perfectly. What I mean is that I ate the exact amount of points I should, I exercised for an hour, and I ate all the things I should've (eTools members: I got all "happy faces" on my foods). Like I had all the water, oil, fruits, veggies, milks, and vitamins I should.

And last night, I battled my desire to eat even more. Not because I was hungry for food...but because I didn't want to feel deprived. Because I wanted to be rewarded for a great job at work, wanted to feel comforted even though I live alone and am not dating anyone, wanted to feel excited because my big night was spent trying to stay awake for "Top Chef."

In the end, I laid down on the couch and ended up falling asleep before 8. I woke up at 9 and went to bed...and got a great night sleep.

Today, I'm awake and happy. I'm proud that I held it together yesterday and feel that with one "perfect" day under my belt, that I can do it a little bit easier today. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Great job holding it together! One day at a time is all we can do.