Monday, December 7, 2009

Hooray! :)

Happy Monday!

I am THRILLED to announce that there will be no babies in my future anytime soon. Good grief! Even though the odds were in my favor, I was definitely worried.

I've also re-realized that my PMS symptoms are worse on this particular form of birth control. Don't get me wrong, I won't be switching from it anytime soon, but the constant wanting to eat things was out of control! I also need to be more aware of how much sleep my body needs, especially during that fantastic time of the month. In fact, on Thursday night, I fell asleep at 8 PM because I was so tired. When I don't get enough sleep, my body craves food - of all types, but especially carbs - to keep it awake and energized. So I'm going to really try to keep that in mind for next month. Sleep = good stuff.

In other news, I had a fantastic weekend. It has been snowing here in Denver for the past 24 hours - and it's supposed to snow for the next couple of days. Obviously, running is out...but I'm going to start going to the gym more. I miss my running when it's icky outside, so I want to find ways where I can work it in. I am debating being the good neighbor and shoveling everyone's walkways tonight. It's great exercise and everyone benefits. :) And because I'm curious, what do you do for exercise when the weather gets cold?

Oh - and this weekend, my boyfriend and I went to Costco where I successfully avoided the tasters. I find myself wanting to eat the samples because they're free...and sometimes only because they're free. Does anyone else have the same issue? When I stop and ask myself if I even WANT that food, I usually don't.

I did, however, buy three new workout DVDs at Costco. We had a coupon where they were only 5.99 each - and so I got two of Jillian Michael's workouts and a Yoga one. I like Jillian's because I really like the circuit training on the DVDs. I've done 30 Day Shred for several weeks in a row and somehow the last circuit is okay when you know that it's the last one. Plus, from what I've read, it seems like that's a smarter way to work out. It's also going to be a great way to introduce the weights back into my routine, which is another one of my goals. Besides, it's something other than the gym that I can do to move my body more when it's cold outside. Can you tell that I really want suggestions on this? :)

This weekend I definitely turned the train around. I had sensible meal options and smart snacks. Although I didn't work much exercise in, I did things that were good to my body. The scale is down from last week, although the weigh in tonight will verify that that is actually the case.

Best of all, today I have the feeling that I can tackle anything...and these days are sometimes rare, so I'm really going to enjoy this feeling.

Oh - and the good thing that I'm doing for myself today? I'm going to really enjoy sipping on some hot decaf tea while looking out the window every now and again watching the snow fall.

4 Comments:

Cole Walter Mellon said...

It's nice feeling like you're on top of things, isn't it? Enjoy the feeling and try to make it last as long as possible, because Life has a way of chunking wicked curve balls at you.

Levi said...

Glad you won't be calling anyone Grandma any time soon!

I don't have that problem with Costco and freebies. I figure anything they give for free can't be that good for me.
Plus it's near Chris's neck of the wood.

Florida Food Snob said...

You said a lot of GREAT things is this post! Giving sleep the attention it deserves is a huge step forward - I really like your idea about the circuit training videos. Your mind seems to be in a great place, next time your feeling down remember how powerful you feel right now.

Margie M. said...

Funny you mentioned Costco. I posted about "running the gauntlet at Costco" on my blog a while back. It can be a challenge! But I manage to do it about 99% of the time. Good for you!