Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Rundown...literally

In my inbox today was an email from Nike+ encouraging me to check out my running stats for 2009.

And, because I'm all about sharing, here they are:




I've mentioned several times just how much I love my Nike+ - it helps keep me motivated by running faster, longer, or with more consistency.

I know that it might be a bit difficult to read the numbers, but the green graph shows how many miles I ran each month. Clearly, you can tell from the graph that I ran quite a bit more in the months where it is sunny. I find it harder to run in the colder months and that's when my asthma (I have "exercise induced asthma") acts up.

But really, even 14 miles a month (what I did in December, my least active running month) isn't horrible. That's an average of running 2 times per week. In December I also tried snowshoeing and worked on some resistance training.

And the other stats? Well, I'm happy with those too. For months I could only walk due to my knee pain, so an average of a 12'00" mile is great. And can you read the total calories burned? 33728 calories burned in 2009 (mid-April on).

I'm excited to see what my stats will be for 2010. I've already said that I want to run a 10K and a half marathon. To do that means more training and on a more consistent basis.

I love non-scale goals like this. When the scale isn't budging quite as much as we'd all like, it's nice to measure success in other ways, or at least it is for me.

3 Comments:

Kellie said...

This is awesome! Did you always enjoy running?

~Kellie

http://chubbygirldiary.com

Missy said...

Just staying active is huge, Anne!

Keep up with the goals. :)

Happy Fun Pants said...

Hi Kellie,

No - I didn't always love running, but I've grown to love it much more now that it's a source of stress relief. :)

I started with the elliptical - because at 110 pounds to lose, I needed something that was lower impact.