Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lemme' Splain

Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
[pause]
Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

--Indigo Montoya in "The Princess Bride"

So very much has happened in the past week that I have found myself not wanting to update it at all. However, I feel that a) it's a good thing to document what's happened and my feelings surrounding these things and b) you might be wondering.

So, starting with a week ago, I found out that I was not allowed to go to a training within my company that I have been on the waiting list for YEARS to go to. Further, this training will help me get the ideal job - either within or outside of the company I currently work for. Yadda yadda yadda...I fought to go and now I'm in Houston getting smarter daily.

Also about a week ago, I started getting these mind numbing headaches. Pairing that with a rib fracture that I was feeling, I opted to see a doctor. Unfortunately, I was taking so much pain medication for the headache that it masked the pain in my ribs. I had other weird symptoms so they instructed me to get a CT scan. Since I was going to be traveling this week, I opted to get it done. Yadda yadda yadda...I'm fine.

In the middle of all of that, my boyfriend and I had a HUGE fight. It started as a disagreement and involved each one of us saying things and indicating things that were probably unfair. The thing is, it's instilled some serious doubt about the longevity of this relationship. Part of me wants to say that everything will be alright, but truthfully? I'm just thinking that me continuing this relationship may not be the best thing for me. I don't want to get into details, but suffice it to say, I'm concerned. Yadda yadda yadda...we're still together and things are 'okay.'

So basically, I FEEL like I've got a lot going on - whether that's reality or not, sometimes I'm not sure.

The travel has made it tough to continue to eat well...mostly because I really don't enjoy traveling and OH MY GOSH IT'S FREE FOOD THAT I MUST EAT!!! Yesterday I did fairly well - eating wise. A group went to Dave and Busters yesterday evening and I ordered an apple and pecan salad with chicken. For the record, Dave and Busters doesn't exactly have a weight watching friendly menu. I even ran for a few miles on the treadmill at the hotel before going and I'm glad about that too.

In weight news, I managed to lose 0.6 pounds this past week and I suppose I'm happy about that.

I don't know....I feel sort of blah. I can't wait to return to my normal routine - especially since things feel so...well...up in the air right now about various things. I can't wait to catch up on your blogs and to be immersed in the support that is out there.

Not sure when I'll be back on this week - but until then, be well.

8 Comments:

Stephanie said...

Yup, that sounds like an emotional and busy week! Yadda yadda yadda...and you seem to be doing ok now, so that's good. ;)
BODA lose weight

Missy said...

I don't know what it is with the New Year, but it seems like so many people question their relationships or end them right about now. In the same boat here.

So glad to hear you're fine. Take care of yourself and update us soon.

Oh, and I'm super proud of you for fighting for that training. GOOD JOB! You deserve it.

Chibi said...

What a rough week! :( It's so hard when you say things in the heat of the moment that you regret because you can't UNsay them (if that makes sense). I hope you guys are able to... clear the air at least?

Have you heard of rebound headaches? I was extremely shocked to learn that I was likely giving myself headaches by taking too much pain medication.

On a more positive note, congrats on the loss and good for you for standing up for yourself for the job training! I hope this week treats you better. :)

Levi said...

So you got to go for the training. That is good news.
But the BF thing does not sound good. You want my ex's phone number? You can ask him how to ruin another person's life. OMG.
No, seriously. Better to end it now than prolong the inevitable as long as you are 100% sure it can't or should not be fixed.
Dave and Buster..you could date them!

And nothing more fun than a CT. I'm glad you are okay.

Margie M. said...

Good for you in fighting for the job training. You stood up for yourself and that is BIG. Stand up for yourself with your food urges while you are in Houston. That will be BIG, too. You made good progress in losing weight this week and that is BIG, also. I think you are on the right track in all areas.

Kris said...

Wowsa'! You gotta a busy life. Happy 2010! Glad you made it to the training and I hope you do get sooooo smart that headhunters come to hunt the brains in your head. Take care of YOU, you are the only Anne I know!

Florida Food Snob said...

Hooray for 0.6LB loss club! I was part of it this week :-) A loss is a loss! Keep your chin up.

Mark and Joella said...

Sorry everything has been so crazy lately for you! I'm glad you are ok and I hope you are feeling better! And great job on the weight loss!