Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello New Day! :)

Like I wrote yesterday, I love this time of year.

It's a great time to take stock of who you are, think about what you want to be, and then go about changing whatever you want.

It's a time to wipe the slate clean of past mistakes, muck-ups, and failures. It's a time to start dreaming of what you can accomplish and putting a plan into action of how to get there.

I love this time of year.

This year, my goals are to continue in my quest to be healthier: mind, body, and spirit.

Specifically, I want to:
* continue my therapy sessions so that I can find closure for the traumas that I have let plague my life for too long
* complete a 10K in May
* complete a half marathon by the end of the year
* get to where I can run a 10 minute mile average during a 5K
* continue to find positive ways to treat myself, other than food
* try one new sport or activity
* get to my goal weight by 2011
* be more consistent about posting here

Lofty goals? Maybe. But they're specific, achievable, within my control, and a good fit for my life.

How about you - any goals or dreams you want to share?

And, as a parting thought, here is a song by one of my favorite positive artists, Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers, titled "Hello New Day!"

3 Comments:

The Nashville Nosher said...

Those are great goals! They are all interrelated so I think if you choice one you can accomplish them all!! Good luck!

Missy said...

Happy new year, Anne!

I agree. Great goals. Stick with it, take care of yourself and grow.

Much love.
Missy

lindalou said...

great goals,
can't wait to follow along to watch you succeed
motivating others (me) while you do them!!

linda
pennsylvania