Thursday, April 7, 2011

Serenity now!!

One thing I know for sure: there is no dignified way to get into Spanx.

I'm in El Paso, Texas getting ready for my younger sister's wedding. The wedding is actually on Saturday but most of us flew in town last night. Truthfully, I'm just kind of looking forward to getting this over with. It's going to be a whirlwind of chaos for the next few days and I'm just going to endure it.

I had an interesting conversation with my best friend prior to coming here. She encouraged me to think about what would make this trip a success...as in, this trip will be a success if_________.

Here's what I've come up with so far to fill in the blanks:
* no one goes to jail for killing someone else in my family. Tensions run high in these times is all I'm saying.
* I get to dance with Joe at the wedding.
* I get coffee every morning.
* I choose to work in some me time every day just to concentrate on breathing and attempt to center myself.

So, I'm working on it.

In other news, Joe and I have made some huge progress with our therapy. He's really trying to be and do better and with the stress that I've been faced with during the last few weeks, he's been a rock to lean on. Intimacy is coming back and the trust is coming with it.

The bad news? My bridesmaid's dress is tighter than I'd like it to be in the bust area. And I now have a big enough tummy to make people wonder if I'm pregnant. Or at least, that's how I feel I look.

The good news? No one will be concentrating on me and pictures of us in the wedding will likely be from the shoulders up - at least the ones displayed in my mom's house.

I'm hanging in there...and am trying to maintain sanity and serenity. With all the drama from this morning (and it's not even 10 AM yet), that's a pretty big success as it is.

6 Comments:

Jams said...

Enjoy the wedding! And definitely make sure you get to dance with Joe!

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Glad you are hanging in there, and really glad to hear that things are improving with your man. :)

That is a good idea, to figure out what could make the trip successful for you in the midst of all the tension.

I hear you on the Spanx thing (I even wrote a post about how I've wrestled with them in a bathroom stall - not fun, but I'm always glad they're there in an attempt to de-emphasize my lower half).

My question: What miracle fabric are Spanx made of? No matter how hard I have pulled on them (to the point that it has hurt my fingers!), they have never torn or ripped.

I'm sending you serene thoughts...

Mark and Joella said...

Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I'm glad things are getting better between you and Joe! :) I hope you have a great time at the wedding and that the weekend is a success for you, I especially hope you get to dance with Joe! Love you!

Lily Fluffbottom said...

I hope you are able to find your own time to center yourself! And as for the dress... I'll bet you look just gorgeous. Post a pic so we can all say so!

Parry Peach said...

Have fun and enjoy the wedding - Spanx be danged!

Amoxil Online said...

It is my experience : Concentrate on breathing and attempt to center yourself is one of the most powerful ways to be cool and calm in situation like this.

Hope you enjoy wedding.

Good luck...