Sunday, May 15, 2011

Catching up

First things first... I'm sorry I've been such a slacker about posting. Sometimes it's easy to assume that the lack of posting is due to the person falling off the wagon in terms of health.

That's not necessarily the case with me.

I've been traveling. Actually, I've been doing a lot of traveling. Two weeks ago I celebrated my birthday. And on that day, I was in three different towns, two states, and two airports. This week, I leave to go to Chicago for a few days. After that, I should be travel free for at least a few weeks when I have to go to D.C. for my grandmother's funeral.

I'm doing okay though. No fabulous, but okay.

The hardest thing that I'm doing these days is working with my therapist to get over issues. Unfortunately, it's harder than it ever has been. It drains me - and honestly, sometimes really depresses me.

I plan on writing more on this blog though...it has been so helpful for me in the past - even if just getting words out of my head. It's helped to process, to support, to be supported, and to celebrate.

Before I had the cute little redheaded girl in fun pants at the top of this page, I had a simple statement about my blog: "This is where I come to celebrate my successes and learn from my mistakes." I haven't had a lot of successes these days - or at least it doesn't feel like I have. The EMDR work that I do with my therapist is hard stuff and it doesn't feel like winning often. But this is still my safe place to land...and it is worth overcoming the obstacle of not being able to post during the day.

I look forward to catching up with you all soon too. I've been horrible about writing, but even worse about reading blogs and answering email.

I don't really have a good ending to this post...but I'm exhausted so I'm going to go to bed.

Goodnight!

3 Comments:

Missy said...

Glad to hear you're still doing okay.

Have you done EMDR for a long time? I just started doing it with my therapist last month and OMG, it is draining but it's been really interesting for me. Stuff I'd totally repressed...just stuff like the furniture in my childhood room, was totally vivid to me after one session. So strange!

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Sorry it has been so rough for you lately. Glad to see you are okay, though. Just last week I posted about bloggers vanishing and how it makes me worry:)

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!