Thursday, November 20, 2008

Health Nut

We have a new guy that is being trained in our office. He's only here for a week - and then after that he'll go into outside sales where I'm sure he'll pretend he's better than us. It's what sales guys seem to do.

Anyway, today I was passing him in the hall with a bowl overflowing of honeycrisp apples. I LOVE THOSE APPLES. Anyway, he looked at me and said "Oh, you're a health nut, huh?"

My first reaction was to look behind me to see who he was talking to. Then, once I realized it was me, I sort of laughed in a SUPER sarcastic way and then said "Oh YEAH" also sarcastically.

But on my way back to my desk I realized that this is what people will start thinking of me. I mean, I still want to lose more weight - for many reasons - but the big one is so that I will be healthy.

Eventually, I won't be the token fat girl in my group. I will be the one who is healthy.

And that was a pretty cool revelation.

0 Comments: