Thursday, November 6, 2008

Huh, I guess I am changing

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I was doing my typical thing by trying to figure out what I was going to bring for lunch.

Then I remembered that I went to the grocery store last night and I had a new batch of fresh fruit, low fat soups, and new green teas! I was so excited. And that's when it hit me.

I remember days when I would be almost salivating over the goodies I had bought at the store - being so excited to eat this new brand of chips, some chocolate that sounded great, or even a frozen pizza. And here I am, able to avoid those foods at the store AND able to look forward to crunching into that fresh new crisp apple at lunch.

I guess my mindset is changing. I'm probably just as pre-occupied with food. I'm not sure that that will ever go away 100%, but I am looking forward to eating the healthy things. I've started to think of it as a challenge and I think the next step is going to be cooking...so I can experiment with all of the fun flavors that are out there.

I know - this is a big change from where my mindset was a week ago. And when I weighed in on Monday, I did gain - but it was only 0.8 pounds. And that's not a big deal. I mean, in the whole scheme of things, I really am still doing great.

And I'm proud - that somehow my mindset is changing and my brain is starting to learn different things.

I still have the issues with my family and weight. I know I will probably always battle with those creeping feelings of insecurity. But at least now I have some healthy habits to help me along.

3 Comments:

Levi said...

Thanks for lurking on my blog and your post...nearly brought me to tears again.
Go Obama!
And go fellowess Blogger!
I will stop by again.

Kris said...

I love the new look! Cool weight tracker! .8...well, that is just a fart...you should have squeezed out a fart! I look forward to finding my inspiration in your journey! You are a wonderful soul!
Kris

Mark and Joella said...

I just found this blog and I just want to say how proud I am of you! You are such an awesome person and I love you just the way you are - no matter what size :)

I know how easy it is to beat yourself up over bad choices, I have been there too. But it just means that we are human and we have to make better choices tomorrow...or next week :) You inspired me to start back on WW last week so hopefully we will be skinnier girls by the end of the winter :) Love you!