Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sometimes, I suck at this blogging thing

For starters, I have some great news to report. My eating has been relatively good during the past week and a half. I've made some great choices and have made some not-so-good choices. But all in all, I've done really well. And when I'm doing really well, sometimes I forget to blog.

Oops.

So the last few days have been overcast, rainy and COLD here in Denver. It went from being in the 80s to being inthe 40s...and that's when I realized that I really had to change up my exercise. I ran last Saturday morning, but since then haven't done a thing.

So yesterday I was determined to get a run in. I packed my workout bag so that I could do it at lunch...only it was raining. So I thought that I would just go to the gym (you know that thing I pay $26 a month for??) and run on the treadmill. And then I thought (with dread) about how much NOT fun running on the treadmill is for me.

So I looked on the 24 Hour Fitness website and saw that there was a boxing class on Wednesday nights.

I walked in the room last night to see some SERIOUSLY skinny people but that didn't really register for me...because at 60 pounds overweight, I still feel like I'm a reasonably healthy person. I did GREAT in the class. Sure, my lunges and squats weren't as deep as others...and maybe my punches weren't as high up as the instructor would like. But I did everything as fast as my body would allow...and I feel great.

They have yoga classes on Saturday mornings and classes that involve cardio and weights other days of the week.

I think I'm actually looking forward to the winter - to taking classes inside when it's dreary and running in the sunshine when it's not.

It's going to be a great couple of months.

3 Comments:

Levi said...

One reason I signed up for that fusion dance class. I'm also looking at Zumba. but have heard it's hard!!!

Still love my elliptical though.

I, too, have a more difficult time writing when I'm happy and things are going good. Suffering brings on all sorts of good tidbits to share.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your fitness goals!
Let me know if you have any questions at all about Group X classes and other amenities, as I am the Executive Assistant to the SVP of Fitness and Business development here at 24 Hour Fitness

Kris said...

wow! I didn't know you had some many exercising options that you did! Sounds fun...really it does! Good for you!