Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Update

Hi all,

First, thank you so much for your emails and comments of warm wishes and speedy recoveries.

I actually didn't get taken into surgery until almost 3 PM on Thursday and due to pain, I didn't get out of the hospital until Saturday afternoon.

The great news?  I came out of it alive and with all my bits.  The bad news?  Recovery sucks.  No wait, it really sucks.

One of the staples just happened to pinch a nerve in a horrible way - causing the sensation of burning and ripping every time I made a few different moves.  It was HORRIBLE.  And we didn't get that figured out (what was causing the intense pain) until I got my staples removed on Monday morning. 

My mom left yesterday morning - and while it was such a comfort to have her here, I felt okay about starting my own healing process at home. 

The healing is slow.  I'm in lots of pain some moments and others when I feel like nothing has ever happened.

A horrible coughing fit last night left me in many tears and has taken it's toll on me today...which is why this is going to be so short.

Just wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you.  I'm so blessed to have had a great surgeon and wonderful recovery nurses - both in the hospital and via Joe and my mom at home.  I'm blessed to have your support and can't wait to catch up on your lives as soon as I can.

XO,
Anne

17 Comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Take care of yourself during your recovery and keep us posted on how it's going.

Lanie said...

But you left out the most important part: how much did the D weigh?

Brigitte said...

I am glad that you made it through. Here's hoping for a speedy recovering and healing!!

Karen said...

Thanks for the update; I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were. Glad to hear your worst fears were not realized:)

Vb said...

Yay! Glad you are alive. I've been thinking of you. I also second Lanie Painie's comment...maybe you could have readers try and guess, and the person who is closest wins. I'll start...3.3 pounds

Katy said...

So glad you're healing up nicely!

Levi said...

Glad you are recovering and considering work on the new (roid) nursery.

Jen said...

Thank you for the update!! I've been thinking and praying for you!!! Hope the pain subsides and your body heals soon!! Rest and recover!!

Love you!

turleybenson said...

Happy you are home and healing. Sad that you've had a few setbacks. I just know another week is going to make a world of difference. I hope that's not annoying to hear.

Kris said...

Hoooraaayy for being home and recovery! Booooo for it hurting so badly! Take it slow, take care of you---there is only one of you and I really like her! Get better at your own pace, do not rush it! Thinking of you....

Katie Warren said...

Glad to hear you are home and recovering!!! Now you can relax and heal.

<3 Katie

The Babe said...

Can I bring you some lovely chicken soup this weekend? Glad to hear you're OK, but you do need to ask them for the good drugs. I believe my actual words might have been, "Hey Doogie--the Vicadin isn't cutting it. Can you get the grown up doctor in here to get me the good shit as soon as possible? Thanks!" I'm not sure, cause it doesn't really sound like me, but pain makes you do weird stuff.

Thanks for letting me be your guest poster, and for just generally being awesome. In your honor, I recently purchased some Fun Pants and would be willing to wear them when you let me come visit. :-)

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

I'm so glad you're okay! I was wondering how it went...Yu'll be feeling better soon. Just take it easy. Glad all your bits are intact as well!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

xoDebbie

Jams said...

Take care of yourself. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. I hope the recovery process gets easier.

Alissa said...

I've been looking everyday for an update...so happy everything is going ok (pain sucks-but its expected) Wish you a quick recovery.

BTW.. .love "Babe's" Doogie comment!!!

krissie said...

Thank you for letting us know how you are! I hope you continue to feel better and better every day.

My mom is incredibly supportive, but also has a humor streak that can come across as really snarky. Any time we would cough growing up, she would growl a big, "Stop it!" Like we were doing it for attention or something. But sometimes I start laughing and cough harder and she insists that I stop and it's a huge, painful, noisy cycle.

Your coughing fit (although I'm sure incredibly painful) made me laugh because it reminded me of my mom. So just stop the coughing already!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are safe and sound, though not so happy to hear about the pain. It will lessen each day and then one day you will realise it is all gone. *hugs* Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery!