Monday, January 23, 2012

Adapt. Grow. Evolve.

Tonight, I'm prepared for a gain.  Perhaps even the full 7.2 pounds that I lost two weeks ago.

Here's the thing.  I totally deserve the gain...just as much as I had deserved the loss up until that point.

I have eaten such vast amounts of crap in the last two weeks...and you know what?  I've felt craptastic.  Completely lethargic, depressed, and funk-i-fied.  The mood started before the food...but let's be honest, the addictive food hasn't exactly helped things, has it?

I've eaten stuff that normally never crosses my threshold and I've eaten it in abundance.

Go figure why the scale simply must read significantly more than it did two weeks ago (last week was MLK and my center was closed).

So what to do?

Well, I COULD eat like complete crap for the next week.  I COULD follow this trend.

Or I could actually eat better and feel better.  I could feel more in control and realize that I am not victim to whatever comes into my mouth. I get to choose what goes there and what doesn't.

Just like I'm not a victim of anything else in my life.

In related news, I'm breaking up with Adele's Album "21."  It's moved past cathartic and into a moping stage for me...and I don't think that it's helping much.  It's powerful.  And sad.  And it's easy to dwell on the things I miss rather than the things I have. 

My gosh. 

Isn't that important anyway?  Rather than focusing on the things we are desiring in our minds (and mouths) that will only lead to unhappiness, let's ingest the things that are in front of us and healthy.

Let's let go of the obsessive thoughts about things that have been and instead focus on the good that is to come.

Adapt.  Grow.  Evolve.

5 Comments:

The Girl From Back Then said...

So you fell off the wagon, reverted to past habits, gave in to the binge monster. Dust yourself off and carry on with your head held high. You can do this! Go on, say it with me :)

kristi said...

My son loves the song "Fire to the Rain." :)

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Music has such a huge impression on me. There are certain bands/songs that I cannot listen to because they will cause a depressed state, even though I love the music.

Today is a new day. All you have to do it get through it.

Kellie @ Chubby Girl Diaries said...

(((HUGS))) It is hard to fall of the wagon from the emotional aspect of things. Because it becomes a pattern of eating and then beating yourself up afterward.

I love love Adele! Though I can see where it makes you nostalgic for what you don't have rather than thankful for what you do.

One of the things I vowed to do this year was to remember to be thankful for the things that are currently working in my life. Because I feel like crap when I start to take the things that aren't working out on myself.

I know that you can do it girl!! You will get back on track and tear it up with a vengeance!

~Kellie

MizFit said...

I adore this and it is in a way what I wrote about yesterday too.
our minds are so so so powerful and we can so often choose our focus and perspective.
I hope yesterday was a fantastic day.