Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Things I love: Ice Cubes

People, I'm going to tell you something that you probably already know: I have a sweet tooth.

And unfortunately, I've indulged it VERY OFTEN in the last few weeks.

Christmas candy?  Don't mind if I do!  Baked goods at work?  Yes, please!  And I'm not even going to tell you just how many POUNDS of Skittles I've eaten.

Some of the addiction has been the sugar.  And some of it has been the desire to put something in my mouth and chew it,

I've seen the ads for the Extra Desserts gums and I think I've tried every flavor out there.  Some are WAY better than others (Strawberry Shortcake = pretty good but Key Lime Pie = nastiness).

In my opinion, the Extra Desserts gum flavors fade pretty quickly and they don't have the texture of the gum that is my preference.

But this weekend, when I went to Costco (and did not buy any Skittles), I saw a multi-pack of Ice Cubes made by Ice Breakers.

The flavors that I've tried so far are yummy, they last a long time, and they have more of a springy (traditional smooth gum) texture that I heart.

At 0 calories per cube, they're being my go-to sugar and mouth hungry fix.

Personally, I chew two cubes at a time (I always chew two pieces at a time of pretty much any gum...what?  I have a big mouth!) for maximum awesomeness.

What I also love about the variety pack was the range of flavors...because sometimes I'm wanting something fruity and sometimes having something minty helps me feel more satisfied and finished with my meal.

Like I wrote previously, I know what I have to do to lose the weight.  I just have to do it.  And this is one way to get a sweet tooth or distract my mouth hunger long enough to get past the cravings. 


I don't think cravings are bad or that I should always deprive myself.  But balance is important. With tools like these pieces of gum, I feel like I can be better equipped with choosing which times I want to indulge and which times I don't.

4 Comments:

Sugar said...

I heart me some of that gum! I love the cube shape! lol

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was already to give you a lecture on how chewing on actual "Ice" can ruin your teeth!! Luckily I kept reading!!

Sam
believeinyourself1.blogspot.com

Lily Fluffbottom said...

I bought a couple of packs of gum too. I tried the chocolate mint dessert kind; it was okay. Then faded into gross.

Spilling Ink said...

Gums are a life saver but I wonder if we will *ever* get these in Australia.

Like Anonymous (or Sam as it states if you read on) I was going launch into a whole OMG-girl-don't-chew-ice-it's-all-bad thing but I luckily too kept reading.