Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maybe it's not so bad

On Friday we were in the middle of a blizzard here in Denver. So I opted to rent two movies - both of which I really liked and would recommend. They were "Milk" and "Seven Pounds." Needless to say, I might be careful about which audience I would recommend them to. :)

Anyway, tonight I decided to return said movies on time. People, this is a rarity.

So I walked to the Blockbuster...and although I don't know how far away the thing is, I decided to walk knowing that it wasn't far and I could probably walk it without my knee hurting.

And you know what? It was still exercise and it wasn't so bad. I felt a little better about my health and didn't feel as much despair about my knees.

And if Bonnie can get in 50 points of activity per week by walking, well then...so can I. 50 points of activity is huge....although I think I should tell you that she's walking about 40 miles a week. 40 MILES A WEEK!

(sigh)

So you'll see my little Nike Mini on my sidebar have mileage where the time per mile will be increasing...but so what? My knees are going to be here the rest of my life (I hope). The Nike+ stats won't.

I think that's called perspective. :)

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!

Levi said...

Does Bonnie have a job outside the home?
Who has that kind of time to walk and work and do other things?

Happy Fun Pants said...

POD: Yes, I *think* Bonnie has another job. Actually, I think she might be a teacher or something to do with schools anyway. But I can't be positive. :)

All I know is that woman can WALK!

Unknown said...

I am a teacher! I get up before work and usually walk 1 to 2 miles before work. I walk a lot in my classroom, and I put in another 2 to 3 miles in the evening on the treadmill. Being sick this week is putting a crimp in my mileage :)