Sunday, April 26, 2009

Prepare yourself...I'm about to brag. :)

I am so proud of myself! :)

Today I participated in the Cherry Creek Sneak, which is either a 5K or a 5 mile run depending on what you want to do. I did it with my friend, Kelly, who was okay with walking pretty much the whole thing. I feel okay because I know that if my knees were doing better, I would've run the whole thing. So next year? Watch out, baby! :)

Because parking was absolutely nuts, I had to walk quite a ways just to get to the start of the race (which is why my total on the right is almost 4 miles). And even though it says my average pace was about 15 minutes/mile, that's not bad because there were times when we had to walk so slow because SLOOOOOOOOOW people were in front of us. There's nothing wrong with slow people...I just don't want to be behind them. This is why I can't stand shopping malls, especially around Christmas.

And here I am looking WAAAAAAAY thinner than what I was a year ago.

My friend Kris told me to check out pictures when I get discouraged...and she's right - I really have come a long way. :) To give you an example, here I was a little over a year ago:

4 Comments:

Levi said...

Congratulations. The difference in the photos is phenomenal. You have come a long way. Great news about the race participation too. I'm sittin on my butt in the sun. A 5K sit down!

Unknown said...

Brag away darlin! You look great, and you did great. I'm proud of you for not abusing your knees and taking it slowly.

Happy Fun Pants said...

Thank you guys so much for your support! :) I really appreciate it! :)

McG said...

Brag on, sister! This is an amazing step. Pun intended!