Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The most important week of the year

My workplace has this joke at the expense of upper management. The idea of the joke is that no one cares about what you did last week - it's THIS week that is the most important one. And that's how I feel about this week.

Basically, this week is a big one. First, it's my birthday in this week - and I want to prove to myself that birthdays do not have to be a big excuse to absolutely throw everything you've learned out the window. Second, if I follow the plan, I will be past my halfway point (of pounds lost versus needed to lose) next week - and that is a huge milestone. Lastly, because of my consistency issue, this week is my chance to lose three weeks in a row. As you can see from my ACTUAL chart below (where each data point is a weekly weigh in), I've been losing two weeks and then gaining one week for the past SEVERAL months. This particular graph was done from my start (mid July last year) to my birthday..and as you can tell, I've had a rocky road the last couple of months.
In case you're wondering, the black line is my trend line via Excel. I do that so that when I'm at the beginning of the data on the graph, I can see where I would be weeks or even months down the road if I keep up at the current pace. It changes with each data point I put in and as you can see, turned out to be pretty accurate. It's actually pretty motivational too. :)

Anyway, my point is, this week is my chance to accomplish three goals at once. And the thing is? I really want to do it for myself.

So this week? Yeah, it's the most important week of the year. :)

1 Comment:

Chubby Chick said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging comment you left me today. I really needed it... and I really appreciate it! :)