Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Better

I had a good week this past week. When I say "good," I'm referring to the healthy steps that I took for my own body. I'm referring to the talk that I had with the BF where I explained my needs, I'm referring to the accountability that I had to track every single thing that I put in my mouth, and I'm referring to me being kind to myself.

The scale results? I lost the weight that I had gained at the meeting before and a little more.

One of the things that I realized about myself is that 50 pounds is a huge milestone for me. Although I'm proud of the 50, I recognize that I still have a long way to go. I'm excited to go all that distance and I know that I can. But I also realize that getting yet another gold "5" star to put on my bookmark isn't quite the motivation that it used to be.

I've been getting into running...and with the weather being better lately, I've started to run outside. Right now I'm only running a couple of miles at a time, but I am looking forward to building on that - running faster or longer. And that is my new motivation.

Today I purchased the whole Nike+ system. I've been reading about it for many months through other bloggers and realized that this would be just the tool that I needed to keep my butt in gear. I bought it at a discounted price on Craigslist today at lunch and I am SO VERY EXCITED to see how it works. :) So, even though I have all of my running clothes with me at work today, I'm going to stop off at home, sync my iPod and log my first run. I can't wait to post the results! :)

The fact that I'm super excited to use this helps me know that I'm on the right track.

My friend, Denver Kelly, and I even signed up for a local 5K race later this month - and I know that it will be fantastic!

So all in all, I'm much more optimistic. I feel like I passed one of the many hurdles that has kept me fat all of these years...and I'm ready to pick myself up and keep at it. I've been screwing around at the 45-50 pound mark for months.

I feel like I'm done with stalling. I'm ready to run.

0 Comments: