Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My first run with Nike+




I know...I know. I am a dork.

But I was so happy to run tonight that I literally couldn't wait to get on the treadmill! I'm looking forward to running outside...but tonight it was snowing and hailing...and honestly, I'm not that hard core of a runner. :)

I was so glad that I had this tool because today for the first time I hit the "emergency stop" button instead of the one to decrease the speed halfway through my workout! I was shocked because it just stopped and I had no idea that I had hit the wrong button at first! I was so bummed because evidence of my hard work looked like it was down the drain. But then I remembered that I had the Nike + to track it and I was way less bummed. The huge dip at the end was because I stopped my workout at 2 miles and forgot to hit the pause button to end the workout. Oops. :)

Honestly, I'm thrilled about running 2 miles straight. My pace, being just under 11 minutes per mile is not great by any means.

But it's a start. And I am THRILLED that I did as well as I did. I'm carrying around a lot of extra weight, folks - and I can't wait to see what I can do as I get healthier.

Yay me. :)

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Yay you! I love my nike+! I am not at the running stage yet, just walking really fast. My knees can't handle a run yet. My longest distance so far is 2.56 miles in 40 minutes.