Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Cupid Shuffle

This morning I'm going to be running in the "Parker Love 'Em or Leave 'Em" 5K. I'd normally love to run the 5K on Valentine's Day because I'm weird like that, but tomorrow morning I'm traveling to Houston for another week of training. Thankfully, it's the last week of training and although it will be completely exhausting, I'm so thankful that I got to have this training.

A week ago when I was out with my friends, I heard a song for the first time...and I couldn't get it out of my head. It's lyrics embed themselves in your head... sort of like an alien. And then you can't get it out of your head...sort of like the flash of the visual that you might have when you realize that your parents actually had to have sex to make you. You're welcome.

At any rate, I eventually downloaded it and then listened to it about eleventy billion more times and I am still hooked.

Lyrically, don't expect much. In fact, musically, don't expect much. But the bass beat in the background is funky and it allows me to keep pace pretty well as I'm running.

So for today's race, it's going to be my "Power song" on my Nike +. The idea is that as you're getting tired or sluggish on your run, you can hit a button that immediately plays this song and then you'll be rejuvenated.

And, because I'm kind of a dork, I love that since it's Valentine's Day (almost) it's cute that I'm listening to "The Cupid Shuffle" by Cupid (although I somehow suspect that's not his real name :) ).

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

OOh! The Cupid Shuffle! That sounds like a good song! I know sometimes I feel like I have to train my iPod to get the exact songs for when I need them.

Because sometimes, i'm doing something really uptempo for a cooldown song (and it makes me not want to cool down). And other times i'm doing something with a slower beat when I want something that bumps it up a notch.

Good luck with your race today! :)

~Kellie

http://chubbygirldiary.com

Margie M. said...

I hope the race went well for you! Have a safe trip to Houston and learn everything you can...JOB security!!!