Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Wisdom from Winnie the Pooh

"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference."
--Winnie the Pooh

I just wanted to take a step back and say "thank you" to the people following, reading, and commenting on my blog. Because of you, I feel like I'm not in this alone and (even if it's weird) I actually think of you as friends who are there to help me on (and with) my journey.

Now I smile when I see yellow VW bugs because Amy drives one.

I smile when I see anything that has "50" on it because I know that Audra just reached that weight loss milestone.

I remember to think of at least one good thing a day, just as Missy does.

When I see anything about pea soup, I wonder where Margie is and what beautiful pictures she's taking.

I bought agave nectar the other day (to put in my Fage yogurt) because I know Lyn likes it and I wanted to try it. I did not buy the weird oranges though. :)

I am practicing and being thoughtful about mindfulness because I've learned SO much from Janell. I've started to read books by the authors that she loves and am getting SO much out of it. SHE is one helluva lady and her support (and no-crap-taking) has helped me in some major ways.

When I see anyone or anything (like a tattoo) that resembles a pin-up, I think of Lisa and her SMOKIN' hot self!

And the other day, I was listening to the radio and heard "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder and wondered how Kellie was doing.

All of these things may *seem* little, but they're not. In these ways throughout the day, I'm reminded of you all. I'm reminded that you guys know my dark secrets. You know ME - the me that I am when no one is looking. And you like me anyway.

So when I see the yellow cars or a pretty photo or decide to try some new food that you just tried, I think about how you all are going through your day on your own journey too. Knowing that I'm not alone - that I'm a part of something bigger than myself - is so motivational.

So thank you - for your comments and for your support. Who you are means SO much more than I can ever say.

We're in this together...and while other people may crinkle their noses at our desires to be healthier (no matter where we're at now), WE know that we can do it. I mean, I know that you can do it. And feeling like you believe that I can too? Well, some days that's enough to help me to keep my shit together.

On those days especially, your support makes all the difference.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, too sweet!

And yeah, I stopped doing my "one positive thing a day" when I obliterated the other blog.

Oh well...I'm trying to post positive stuff on the new blog. :)

Whenever I think of you, I smile because you're awesome. Sorry, no specifics...that's all I can think of!

Tessa said...

Isn't it funny how jsut reading othr people's comments on our blogs starts a new friendship. I know for me it is the same. I only have 9 people on mine but I feel that each day I get to know them better and better and they become more and more important to me. We stuggle so much and sometimes those that we are close too can cause us discomfort by not understanding, cruel remarks, etc. Yet the people on the blogs tell it like it is. If you do good they cheer, if you don't do so good they encourage and if you get really, really stupid about something they admonish but always with love and caring. Thank you for posting this it was awesome to read how others have helped you on your journey.

Levi said...

How nice! My sister was criticizing because she said people only make nice comments (I'd call them supportive). I said so what? Then I told her to f.o and her own blog.

Margie M. said...

Wow, you are a sweet person! No wonder I always check out your blog to see how your life is going (not just your weight loss life). We all do have other interests, don't we?????

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

The Merry said...

You reminded me of another quote.

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. - Winnie the Pooh

Even Winnie struggled sometimes :)

Amy P said...

:) I am behind on posting and reading...but thank you. Oh, and you should know that I think of you whenever I am see cool looking pajama pants...I still call them happy fun pants.

The Babe said...

This made me smile and tear up a little at the same time. Here is some genuine love from me to you:

I love how you turn a phrase. I love that you have the best smile. I love that whenever I see a big dog I think of you (that one sounds weird, but you know what I mean). I love that you make me laugh, and that you remind me that I'm not alone. I love that you are nice to the OnStar lady. And lastly, I love that you don't have to be anyone other than you to be loved.

Sappy friend, out.