Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Note to self: Wednesday Edition

Dear Self:

Please remember how you felt last night when you went out to eat with your friend. You ate a small starter salad, 3 cheddar biscuits, your WHOLE entree' (which wasn't even that good), two sides of veggies, a glass of wine, and a baked cookie (with lava fudge inside) and ice cream.

YOU ATE ALL OF THAT.

You weren't mindful. You ate because it was there. You ate because you were hungry. But oh, how you ate.

Just remember that after you were done, you felt bloated, lethargic, and icky. Remember how you salivated when they brought out the biscuits. Remember feeling *that* out of control.

It's done. You ate it. It's not a big deal.

Just try to remember that next time when faced with gift certificates to a place that you don't even LIKE it's okay to not eat and order tons of stuff because you don't want the money to go to waste.

Practice being mindful. You like that so much better anyway.

Oh - and I'm glad you're going to go for a run today at lunch. It's the only pretty day all week and you're smart to take advantage of that.

Also? Your hair is pretty today. Good job on that.

Love,
You

4 Comments:

Continuous Changes said...

This post is awesome!! I love the positive ending :)

Missa said...

It is hard to do the whole going out thing. I have found that I just need to be the difficult customer and ask for items to be prepared the way I need them to be.

Margie M. said...

I, too, hate to let food opportunities go to waste. So, they got to "waist". GRRRRR on me.

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

Kellie said...

Cheddar biscuits? REd Lobster?

I know that whenever I go out to eat with friends, I never make good choices. I get so wrapped up in celebrating the fact that I am out with my friends. I have to work on that.

Ah well... you owned up to and I am sure that you will do fantastic next time!!

I bet the run felt great! :)

~Kellie

http://chubbygirldiary.com