Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lighter

If I seem lighter these days, it's not just that I've sold my house with, what seems like, a stable buyer.

It's that I lost 4.6 pounds last week.

To be fair, I think that the weight that I had gained (4.2 pounds) the week before, probably wasn't overly accurate. The week before I had just drank a bunch of water before weighing in because I wasn't thinking. And yesterday, I didn't have much to eat throughout the day as I was really busy.

Basically, I probably weighed in heavier the week before than I actually was...and I probably weighed in lighter last night than I actually am.

But I did gain weight the week before, and I did lose weight this last week.

So what changed?

Well, first, I practiced mindful and intuitive eating. I picked food choices that were better for me - I tried to remember that veggies and fruit should be eaten daily. I ate protein at every meal - even if only just a bit.

I watched my portion sizes. Every time Joe and I went out to eat, I only ate half of my food. Every time. In fact, at our meal on Sunday night, when I noticed that I was nibbling fries off my plate (even though I didn't like the taste of them at all - our waitress was just bad at service) I literally pushed the plate to the other side of the table so I wouldn't be tempted to mindlessly eat.

I asked myself what I really wanted when prompted with dessert options. And I respected and honored those options.

I got sleep when I needed to. I talked on the phone to friends or in person to Joe when I wanted comfort. Even if I didn't eat perfectly each day, I moved past it. I went on. I recovered.

In summary, I listened to ME.

It feels good; to trust yourself; to honor yourself; to love yourself.

1 Comment:

TinaM said...

I'm so happy for you! About the house and all. I'm glad you will be moving in with your man for a little bit- so you can take the time you need to find the PERFECT place!
It looks like you did great this week with eating and really thinking about your choices. Good job!