Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm not going to lie...

I've been having some serious back pain at night that's been making it hard to sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time.

So I went to the chiropractor today (first time ever!) and it took about 2 1/2 hours (after x-rays, consultation, weird relaxation thing with cold paddles, and the adjustment). That meant that I had to catch up on work.

I knew that I would probably stay a little late.

But after the bowl of ice cream that I had and about 15 different "bite size" candies, I also was reluctant to weigh in for the first time in three weeks.

So I ditched Weight Watchers. And for the record, I totally feel like a kid that just ditched school...guilty as all get out.

I KNOW! It's not like the scale won't know NEXT week when I come back (oh, who am I kidding? Next week is my birthday, I probably won't go then either).

I didn't eat horribly all week long...sure I indulged a bit on Saturday night (and then today with all the crap that is currently causing a MAJOR sugar headache). I'm not really worried about what the scale will say.

But I am worried about what my leader will say. The same leader that I really do like made a pretty big deal about me gaining weight the last time I weighed in. And I guess I want to avoid that.

It's stupid.

I know it.

You know it.

But it's the truth.

Realistically, it's too late to go now - if I leave now, I won't even make it there by the end of the meeting. So I'm promising to go tomorrow - at a place that isn't too far away from home. I mean, at least then it will be over and done with.

And lest you think I overlooked it, NO I was not mindful about the overindulgences I had on Saturday night and all day today. I'm working on it. I promise. Until then, I need to remember that this pounding headache was totally self-inflicted. I need to remember that the next time that the Butterfingers and Twix bars tempt me. This feeling SUCKS no matter what the scale reflects.

8 Comments:

Lesia said...

I am not sure if you read my blog or not but I want to send you an invite. I totally understand where you are coming from. As long as you jump back on that horse and you learned how to hold on this time then you will be ok. That's the jopy or falling down we can always get back on. Just don't hurt yourself by falling off too many times. Thank you for your blog. mine is herewegoholdontight.blogspot.com chow...

Margie M. said...

Did I read that correctly? Your WW leader made a big deal out of you gaining some weight? Yikes, that seems like a way to drive people away. Encouragement and support seem to work better for me.

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

Kris said...

I am surprised that she made a big deal of this. She has been so supportive in the past?
Your back pain????= GENTLE YOGA MY A@@!!! What did the Chiro say?

Maybe you need a break from WW? Maybe continue to eat mindfully, exercise, and don't put so much 'weight' on the numbers? Hahahaha, yup, that sure did come from me. But, I think YOU can do it!

carla said...

checking in on you and HOPING that last night brought you lots and lots of uninterrupted rest.

carla said...

checking in on you and HOPING that last night brought you lots and lots of uninterrupted rest.

Jams said...

May I ask what your leader said/did to make a big deal out of the gain? I'm sorry that happened... it's really not supposed to. :(

I'm sorry you missed the meeting, this week's got a pretty good topic and I hope that missing next week doesn't make you not want to go the next week too (that's how I always fell away from going).

Keep on smiling, tracking, and going. You'll make it!

Katy said...

ugh, back pain is the worst. The WORST! I've been there and sometimes it's all you can think about. I hope you feel better real soon!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Maybe I didn't pick the best way to write about my leader's comments.

I'll write more about what actually happened later today - just swamped at work at the moment (GAH! Stupid work!) :)