Friday, April 23, 2010

What blissful looks like

I love my boyfriend. I know, this isn't news to you, but it is a statement of my constant happiness for the past week. In fact, some of you may be gagging or hitting "Mark as read" in your Google reader because you're tired of me yapping about him.

But it's a new thing for me. I guess I never knew the simple comfort and joy that you can feel by falling asleep and waking up with the person that you love night after night.

The other day, my alarm went off, and as I rolled over to hit the snooze, he rolled with me and we got to cuddle until the alarm went off again.

I know, it may not last. I know, this is silly and it's probably normal when you first start staying with someone.

But oh, how it's exactly what I had always hoped for, but never thought I could have.

This whole realizing that I'm worth it thing? It's fantastic. It allows me to completely enjoy him and us. I've never felt this at home with myself and with my love for someone else. It's all consuming and incredibly freeing at the same time.

Blissful doesn't even begin to cover it sometimes, just in case you were wondering.



13 Comments:

Kait said...

I've been lurking on both of your blogs for ages but I had to delurk to say that you are absolutely gorgeous. You have such a beautiful smile and you are just so pretty.

(not that that's creepy at all or anything...;-))

Lesia said...

Yeah I can finally put a FACE to your blog! You are very pretty and I am so happy you are in love! You go girl!

Kellie said...

You are incredibly gorgeous! The two of you make such a beautiful couple!

I am so happy that you have found someone who lights up your life!

Keep on talking about it girl! I will always be here to listen!

:)

~Kellie

http://chubbygirldiary.com

Lyn said...

That is SO sweet!! I do hope it lasts. You look so happy and pretty and HE looks happy (but not pretty, lol, HANDSOME!)

So happy for you :)

Katy said...

Awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That snuggle after the snooze button is the sometimes one of the best times in my day...and we've been doing that for 8 years. So, yes that can last. You look so radient and happy.

Missy said...

Very cute! Don't worry about us. This *is* your blog. :)

Margie M. said...

You make a great looking couple. Best part is...you both look so happy. I enjoy reading about your life, and not just your "weight loss life." Have a great weekend ahead.

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

Kris said...

It can last....and I am cheering for you in my heart that is does. It is sooooo great to read how your blogs have evolved with this new relationship 'thing'. I sure miss talking to you and seeing you and I think that part of life SUCKS! But, the part where I can read your blogs and be so happy for your bliss---that part ROCKS!!! Cuddling in the morning can last!

Amy P said...

Woot, woot!! Awesome alarm. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful place to be.

julielopez3 said...

You both look so happy! Being this happy can last I have been married to my best friend for 25 years now and we still cuddle. I actually can't sleep if he doesn't have his arm around me.
Congrats and enjoy your happiness!

TinaM said...

Thanks for posting the pictures for us! So nice to have a face to put with the words! You two are SO CUTE!!! You BOTH look so happy, it is a little sickening.
LOL, Just kidding :) It's so nice to read about your happiness :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, see, you had to go and be all pretty in real life. ;)
And your fella, he's quite a looker. Just sayin'

Happy Fun Pants said...

Oh my gosh! I spent the weekend away from my email and what a wonderful surprise to see all the sweet comments about Joe and I.

Thank you all - for your sweetness and your encouragement to write about whatever I want to write about.

You guys rock. :)