Friday, December 24, 2010

Intuitive Eater's Holiday Bill of Rights (part 4)

Happy Christmas Eve!

Are you ready for the last right from the Intuitive Eater's Holiday Bill of Rights by Evelyn Tribole?

Me too.

Right #7: You have the right to eat pumpkin pie for breakfast.

I love this one - even though I don't love pumpkin pie.

I know I may get some dissent from this right - and that some of you may attack this as a crazy idea.

But I say that I believe that we are all worthy of trust.  Even around pumpkin pie.

Food should taste good.  Food should be pleasurable.  As long as you're aware of what you're doing and you're okay with what you're doing, you'll inevitably be okay with the consequences.

Pumpkin pie is not the enemy. 

No one, except for you, knows how you feel, both emotionally and physically.  Only you can be the expert of your body, which requires inner attunement, rather than the external, well-meaning, suggestions from your friends and family.

6 Comments:

Lanie said...

will you marry me?

Allan said...

Still some of the funniest stuff I have every read. Thanks for the jokes..You could never believe this for real, right ?

Karen said...

Pumpkin pie does nothing for me. Pumpkin bread... yum.

Blubeari said...

omg!! I guess I was silly and thought I was the only one who ate pumpkin pie for breakfast!! Love it. :-)

TinaM said...

I had a Christmas cookie for breakfast with my coffee. I knew what I was doing, I enjoyed it and I'm fine with that!
It wasn't mindlessly eating 6 of them, and that is what matters to me.
Merry Christmas!

(Oh, and don't worry about people who don't agree, it's not like you FORCE them to read this!)

Lyn said...

You may think I am nuts, but I have been giving my kids pumpkin pie for breakfast forever! I make it with a healthy recipe ("pumpkin custard" on my blog... NO crust, low sugar, etc) and it is delish and a very nutritious start to their day.

Merry Christmas!