Monday, December 27, 2010

Phlegm - the new trend in wedding wear

This morning, my sisters, my mom, and I will all be making our first trek to David's Bridal.

Why?  Well, my younger sister is getting married in April and my older sister and I are one of a few bridesmaids lucky enough to be in the wedding.

Am I happy for my sister?  Sure.

Am I excited about buying an itchy dress that I'll never wear again?  Not so much.

I wrote about this a few months ago, but initially, she wanted us to be wearing yellow dresses...which would mean that I would resemble an egg on fire.

The good news is that the dresses are no longer going to be yellow.

The bad news is that they're going to be the color of phlegm.

I'm not ordering my dress tomorrow because I still want to lose weight and tone up for the "big day."  When my older sister got married, we had the pictures displayed around both of my parents houses...and I really don't want to look worse than I did in hers.

Also?  I'm ready to get back into a regular exercise routine.  Tomorrow marks two months since the surgery...and without any complications in the last two weeks, I think I'm finally read to put the surgery and it's horrible post-surgical complications behind me.

14 Comments:

Polar's Mom said...

My college roommate decided on pastel yellow for our bridesmaid dresses. I tanned for the occasion, soooo you can imagine what I looked like. And no, I have never worn that hideous piece of polyester again.

Good luck with the flaming phlegm egg!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Dillypoo said...

My mother once described weddings as a rigged beauty contest in which the bride wins and the bridesmaids don't.

My worst bridesmaid outfit was a handmade Laura Ashley sack made of mauve velvet. Second worst was a flapper style with a huge bow on my hip in a marshmallow fluff white satin.

ERICA said...

Well phlegm is better on a dress than in you...kind of. At least you've been doing great the past two weeks!! Glad to hear everything is healing now.

Karen said...

What color is phlegm?!

Auntie Mandy said...

There has been only ONE wedding where the dresses were cute. They were little black dresses with a boat neck. Would I wear it again? Youbetcha! Problem is that the only opportunity I had was for my class reunion and it had gotten to big for me in the boobies. *sigh*

Jams said...

Have fun dress shopping! I hope you get to give some input... and maybe ixnay the phlegm colored dresses! lmao

Alexia said...

I'm trying to visualize the color of phlegm and if what I'm thinking is right then...it ain't pretty. My deepest, most sincere condolences, dear.

Alexia said...

Dear God, I just image googled "phlegm". WOE IS ME.

Lily Fluffbottom said...

Is it gonna look like that one dress in 27 Dresses? Cause that color was pretty fantastic. Fantastically terrible, that is. :p Can't wait to see it!

Brittany said...

My sister got married in October, and i so do NOTTTT like the way i look at all! Now i'm working on getting fit for my best friends wedding in October! AHHHH!!!! This is serious! I don't want to be big for this wedding! YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Lanie said...

As a mom I can tell you that plegm comes in a multitude of colors. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think it will be. Plus, there's always paybacks. Be sure to practice your bouquet catching skills! And remember, your job is to make the bride look good, not the other way 'round.

Sorry I'm late in finding your post. I had my own drama the last few days and haven't gotten caught up with blogs! SMOOCHES!

Anonymous said...

LOL...funny post. Glad you're feeling better from your surgery.

You'll rock that dress, girl...phlegm or not.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you are doing well now with your surgery, I've been a terrible commenter but I've been reading when I get a chance.

Phlegm eh? Sounds like she might be worried you will outshine her!

Chubby McGee said...

You're going to look MARVELOUS! I'll be here to hold your little hand toward your goal...if you'd like.

Happy New Year! Here's to looking fabulous in green dresses in April!

*hugs*