Friday, February 18, 2011

Feeling better without breaking the budget

Wednesday morning, Joe complained of feeling ill.  I got home from work Wednesday night and he was in bed sleeping.  He roused when I made him take more medicine and once again when I got home later that night to take yet another dose.

He, apparently, was in bed all day yesterday too.

When I got home last night, I felt horrible.  I took my temperature and was running a 101.5 temperature.  Nice.  I made a trip to Walgreens (just a block away) and spent more than a few dollars on everything from zinc drops to cold/flu symptom reducers to ibuprofen to echinacea.  Thank goodness they had a few essentials in their buy-one-get-one-free sale!  Those new items will last us through the weekend at least.

I came home, took some meds, had some soup, crocheted while watching my new guilty pleasure (a game show called "Baggage" hosted by Jerry Springer if you're curious), and then went to bed. 

This morning my temp is down to 99.5, but I'm sure that'll go up as the day goes on.  Hey, it's something to look forward to.

Oh yes, and I'm at work. Because it's within my last two weeks, I can't take the time off. Awesome.

Anyway, the timing of this sickness couldn't be better...because I get to have a hand in giving away a $100 gift card to Walgreens.  Woohoo!

All you have to do is go over to my review page and follow the directions there. 


P.S. Also, I have a drug test to take for my new job on Tuesday.  Do any of you know if the medications I'm taking now will skew the results?  I'm staying away from poppy seed muffins... :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that about Poppy Seeds before. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Missy said...

Feel better soon!!!

And congrats on the new job. :)

Karen said...

My former company used to have you list all the meds you've been taking.

Chubby McGee said...

Get better!!!!

Lanie said...

I was going to say to just l ist all the meds you been taking for the test. I'm sure you could find a list of what to avoid on the interwebs.

I hope you feel better soon! This is no way to spend your honeymoon!

Lucky Girl said...

Hope you feel better!!

Katy said...

Feel better soon! It's been going around like crazy here.

Parry Peach said...

I hope you're feeling better and that the tests went okay. Isn't it exciting to be moving into new challenges and adventures? Best wishes for fun and fulfillment in your new job.