Monday, February 7, 2011

I got the job!! :)

I'll have to buy some cute new clothes for the cute new job (oy vey!)...but how exciting is that?!?!? :)

I'll turn in my notice next week (I'm owed 5 days of leave still...and if I tell them now, I don't get to take it) and then hopefully I'll get a week off in between the two jobs (without pay, but some things are worth it).  Sp right now it looks like I'll be starting the new job on March 7th.

I am happy - and a bit scared.  I've been at this company for 4 years and it's a very big fish/small pond type situation.  I'm the best of the best here...and me leaving may mean fewer blog posts (because I'm likely to be more challenged) and some serious adjustment.

Like, for starters, I can't run at lunch - which is one of my very favorite things to do. 

But like I said, some things are worth adjusting.

YAY! :)

13 Comments:

Lanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Sam said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! If I was there, I'd jump up and down with you!! Congrats!!!

Polar's Mom said...

Happy dance happy dance!!! You will be a big fish again, soon-can't keep a good gal down!!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Woo - sounds exciting. Yeah for you. Looking forward to your new and exciting stories.

Karen said...

Congrats!!!!

Auntie Mandy said...

So are you coming to visit on your week off?

Jen said...

Yay!!! Congrats!! So happy for you!!

Dillypoo said...

Congratulations!!!

Maybe you can run in the morning before work?

The Babe said...

That is awesome! Please say you want to go clothes shopping with me...I'm awesome at vicarious shopping!! Whatcha doing this weekend? ;-)

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Yayyyyyyyy!!! Congrats!

I'm so glad for you that everything is turning around in a good way :)

Sugar said...

woohoo!!! congrats!!

turleybenson said...

That's so great! You're a rockstar, HFP. I hope it's an amazing change.

Kris said...

So HAPPY!!!! I did the HAPPY dance in some super HAPPY pajama pants!!!! (like pajama jeans, but different) Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!