Monday, July 20, 2009

A measure of success

I'm pretty proud of myself this past week.

I paid attention to my feelings and tried (and was successful sometimes) with breaking that cycle between feeling and eating.

The scale says I'm down today - and that's pretty consistent with how I feel. I feel that I've been more in control of my emotions this week. And because of that, I've tried to focus on the concept that food is just for fuel...not for filling emotions. This week was pretty successful, and my goal is to try to continue that through this next week too.

I'm sure that running 13 miles this past week didn't hurt either.

Speaking of, this past weekend was the first 5K that I ran all the way through...and I'm pretty proud.

Here's me finishing the race...




Here's me clicking off my Nike+ to get the time. Because I was farther back in the pack when we started (there were 3000 people there!) and due to my weaving on the course, I actually ran closer to 3.5 miles...at 10'47" a mile. That's faster than what I've been in a long time...and I coudln't be prouder!

Here's me after the race ended...and this shirt? It's a LARGE. No extra's here...

I'm trying to decide if I want to do another 5K this weekend or if I just want to wait until August 8th, which is the Aflac IronGirl race....

3 Comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

Well done - both on doing so well at the 5K and also for breaking the feelings:eat cycle.

10'47" - Go you!

Michele said...

Congratulations on the race, that has got to be a great feeling! :)
Also sounds like you've got that emotional eating on track, am working on that myself as well.

Levi said...

You are looking fantastic! Keep up the good work/running, and eating and consciousness and belief in yourself and great attitude and consistency.