Friday, July 10, 2009

Starting to head in the right direction...

Is it just me, or does summer fruit make you feel like you're cheating on your eating plan?

Seriously, the food is SO delicious over the summertime! Today my lunch is packed with a banana, cherries, and grapes. And I just love the way they taste - so very good!!! :)

Also, I'm happy to report that since last Saturday I haven't had a Blizzard OR stopped at a fast food place. It may not sound like much headway, but it is - it's turning around the crazy gluttonous eating that I've done the last two weeks.

The bloating is down, the energy is up, and the headaches are non-existant.

I feel more in control... and even though I've been eating more than what my body needs to function, it's at least been much better stuff going in.

It's a sliver of progress, but I'll take it.

Also, this morning, I ran a little farther than what I have the past few weeks - and made it in a better time than I was expecting. My pace was a little over 11 minutes/mile which is pretty frickin' great since half way it's almost all sloped uphill. I used to do this route in a 13 minute pace...so this is BIG progress for me. I have another 5K next weekend, so I'm pretty excited to see what time I come in at. :)

0 Comments: