Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A little progress is STILL progress

Monday night I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and was down 0.4 pounds. I personally believe that I'm down more than that - as my clothes are fitting so much looser these days (hello, NOTCH THREE! I'm talking to you!). Maybe I weighed heavier yesterday because of food, water, or clothes...but whatever it is, I'm confident that next week will pick up what this week's scale didn't measure.

Several people, independent of each other, told me that I was looking significantly thinner than what I have been looking like. I know that feeling lighter isn't just in my head.

So a 0.4 pound loss? Yeah, I'll take it.

It's movement in the right direction, and it's re-enforcement that what I'm doing by listening to my body is right.

I'm almost embarrassed to tell you, but this is the FIRST time I've lost three weeks in a row in over a year.

(sigh)

I've written about this before, but I've taken the past year to get my head right (or at least more right than what it was before!) so that I can have a happier and healthier life. I want to be happy and healthy in my mind, body, and spirit.

It's been a long time coming, but the trend line of progress is finally facing in the right direction.

I'm writing this to celebrate my success, but also to motivate those who haven't seen much scale movement in a while.

Keep at it. Trust yourself to figure out what is going to work for you. The best way you can do that is by trial and error sometimes. It's discouraging, sure. It's disheartening. But when you FINALLY get the "right" tool/mindset for you, it's worth it.

Never, never give up; there is a healthier you just around the corner.

10 Comments:

DL White said...

I haven't lost a whole lot of scale weight but the INCHES have melted off. I always know that if I am not losing on the scale, I am losing in the clothes. This is why we should weigh and measure. I never measure, though. BAD me.

Ana said...

Congrats on notch 3 AND .4 pounds lost! :) WOOHOO!!! Here's for a great week with another loss be it in the weight or the notches!

Lesia said...

I can totally relate to this post! I know that weighing in is NOT the ONLY thing that I am seeing as a success. My clothes are getting bagging and I miss the "tight hold all my fat in" feeling. Weird I know but now my fat is just flapping under my clothes. LOL

Question: why am I not on your blog roll as a site you visit :(

Jams said...

The quote on my page for today says it all: "Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you." ~Heidi Johnson

A .4 loss is always a reason to celebrate! Keep up the great work and that scale will show your success more and more...

and because I can - Kudos to the third notch again! :)

Seth said...

you've got to love the notch scale! it's greater than that scale!

Lindsay said...

Way to go! That's awesome :)

Levi said...

And here you are talking to a notch.

Missa said...

Maybe you should start measuring inches lost. Sometimes the body will change faster and better than what Mr. Scale says...


Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel

Kellie said...

I had one of those smaller losses a few weeks ago. At first I was disappointed but then quickly realized that a loss (even a small one) is still a measure of success and way better than a gain!

Congrats on the loss!! :o)

~Kellie

http://chubbygirldiary.com

Sam said...

You have much to celebrate, and I want to do it with you! I just awarded you a fun award! So stop by my blog and grab it. Don't forget to follow the rules! :) Thanks for all you do to inspire and teach others!!

Sam
www.believeinyourself1.blogspot.com