Monday, May 3, 2010

33 has never felt so good!

Today is my birthday. I'm 33 years old.

You should know that I love the number 3, so this year is going to be my best year. I can feel it.

How do I plan to celebrate? By going to a Weight Watchers meeting, taking my dog for a long walk, and having leftovers with a glass of wine.*

But you know what? In my mind, it's perfect.

I had a great weekend - spent with someone that I love dearly and who loves me back. Saturday night, I was treated to a wonderful sushi dinner. Yesterday, I had a massage that eased my aching back (seriously - this past week it has been HORRIBLE but more on that later) and got to watch episodes of Arrested Development last night - all with the best companion ever.

The leftovers I'm having are DE-LICIOUS and it makes me feel good that I'm not wasting food. The wine that I'll be enjoying reminds me of my best friend (the wine that it's from is from a vineyard close to her house). The cuddles that I'll get at the end of the night will help me feel as loved as I truly am.

So this birthday? It may be the best ever.

Either that, or I'm getting too old to remember a better one.

*Two things: I am going to my Weight Watchers meeting for the support...but I'm going to stand up for myself and be clear on what it is that I want and need from the meetings and my leader. Not quite sure what I weigh today, but I know that I've been listening to my body more - and that feels good and right.

I'm also celebrating by wearing a cute new top I got at the Gap last week (45% off with a coupon!), new cute stripey socks (my favorite), and my new pair of Converse shoes. I look super cute if I do say so myself. :)

10 Comments:

Katy said...

ooh Happy Birthday!! Sounds your day was fantastic because of your company and how you feel about yourself. Those celebrations tend to be the best regardless of what activity you actually do. Like me and Scott's 5 yr anniversary. We didn't do anything particularly special, but it was the best anniversary yet because we both fealt great. This is the year Anne gets her groove back.

Rebecca Jo said...

AHHH - Happy Brithday! It sounds like the birthday celebration has been going on for awhile! That's the way it should be! :)

Missy said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday! :)

Jams said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful! I'm proud of you and how far you've come! And I'm proud that you're going to go to the WW meeting and ask for what you need. :) I hope you enjoy your day and that it's better than you could imagine!

Lisa said...

happy birthday! It sounds like its gonna be a perfect day for you. enjoy!

Amy P said...

happiest of birthdays to you, anne! 33 has been a good year for me (though 7 is my favorite #)...so I hope it's just as good for you. I am so glad that you and your blog wandered back into my life. I can't tell you how much motivation and support you have brought my way. enjoy yourself!

Blossom said...

Hope you had a great birthday!

TinaM said...

Happy Birthday!
and I hope your meeting goes well and you get exactly what you need.

The Babe said...

Happy birthday, missy! Hope the wine was wonderful (you have to drink for the both of us!)

Lesia said...

Sounds like you know whats best for you. Good job. Happy Birthday. 33 seems so young anymore to me. Live it up in a healthy way!