Know what today is?
Today is the day that I finish giving out the awards that I've gotten over the last several months. Because I'm a slacker.
At the beginning of March, I received an award from Kellie over at The Chubby Girl Diaries. I was thrilled to receive the award from her because I really enjoy her blog!
Apparently, you need to have 12 recipients of this award...but because I've already given out 10 so far, I feel silly passing it on to 12 more. In no particular order, here are some bloggers that you might want to check out:
1) My Healthy Living Thru Weight Control: I wrote about her the other day, but Margie is one of my biggest supporters on here. She's a few years older than I am, but she's still putting in the hard work to keep her body healthy. I find that completely inspirational.
2) The Chubby Girl Diaries: Is it bad to give an award back to someone who gave it to you? Probably. It's also a sign that I didn't plan out my previous awards as well as I had thought. So Kellie? You totally can pick whichever award you actually want - you deserve any one you want! :) I enjoy your blog and can't wait to read all of the things that you'll accomplish in this next year. You've worked hard and that hard work WILL pay off.
3) Fat Bridesmaid: I love her humor, her style, and her cute hairstyles. Hers is one of the first blogs I read when I first started and I always enjoy reading what she's up to.
4) Questions for Dessert: She's a wife, a runner, and a person who is trying to be healthier. Scratch that, she IS healthier. I can relate to her so much - and sometimes when I'm running outside or on the treadmill and I want to stop, I ask myself, "What would Krissie do?" And I keep running. She is one tough cookie. Also she has great taste in music.:)
5) Escape From Obesity: I can't say enough about this wonderful woman. First, she's had some crappy stuff happen to her and she persists through it. She's a fantastic mom and great supporter. She had the courage to decide on an eating plan that works for her and follow through - ignoring (or at least not paying too much attention to) the naysayers. It was through reading her blog that I realized that it's okay to be brutally truthful on blogs...and I decided to follow suit. She's SO close to the 199 mark and I will be one of the people cheering the loudest when she reaches it. She is phenomenal. :)
6) Here We Go - Hold On Tight: Lesia has been diagnosed with MS and STILL has lost weight. She spent years in a wheelchair and is happy to be up and walking again (so what's my lame excuse to not work out?). She gives thanks for things that we take for granted and reading a bit about her has made me a more thankful person. She is a very supportive blogger and really does spread sunshine to the people that she communicates with!
7) Running my Mouth: A runner, a bride-to-be, a success story, and an inspiration. I really enjoy reading her blog - especially when she has quotes that make me think about things in a different way.
8) Journeying to Lose 200 Pounds: The Triumph of Perseverance: Another blog I LOVE. She recently came through a rough patch and when I think of her resiliency and her ability to bounce back, I'm just so proud of her! You know how when you read someone's blog and you just KNOW they're a nice person? That's Chubby Chick. She's sweet and I wish I knew her in real life. :)
9) MissPudding's Food Blog: I hesitate to name this one (just as I did on my first award) because I'm not sure how much traffic she actually wants on her blog (the opposite of me!). She's another IRL friend - one that I was lucky enough to meet 15 years ago. What I love about her blog is that she keeps it real - as in really, real. She is delving into the WHY she's overweight and struggles. She is a brilliant, vibrant person - one who you can't help but get swept up in her tornado of activity. I really wish we lived closer.
10) Healthy Stride: Lindsay does SO much to be healthy: losing 100 pounds was just the start. What I enjoy about her story is that she's battling the healthy fight on all levels...she runs, she watches her weight, she takes classes to mix up the exercise, and she has fun with it. I just started reading her blog and I really love it...plus, she does a great job at taking pictures to illustrate her point. I should probably take a pointer or two from her. :)
Alright - go out and enjoy your Monday! No more awards posts for a while - I promise! :)
Monday, May 24, 2010
Know what today is?