Monday, May 17, 2010

NSV - on a Monday :)

Mondays kind of suck. At least they can. For most of us, it means that we have to go back to work - and that our weekend (and free time) is over.

Work has been really stressful recently. It's been this giant drag on my life and I'm trying to figure out how I want to get out of my current situation...I was REALLY looking forward to the weekend.

Unfortunately, life had other plans. I had a pretty crappy weekend. I don't feel like getting into it yet, but let's just say it was crappy, non-rejuvenating, stressful, and that I didn't get half of the stuff that I wanted done. My life, in many ways, got flipped upside down. I'm currently trying to repair the damage. It'll take a while.

Perhaps needless to say, I was less than thrilled when I realized that this weekend was over and that I had to go back into work (and into another stressful situation). But as you know, sometimes life is just like that.

This morning I got ready with less enthusiasm than normal. I put on my clothes in my normal fashion, but was delighted when I felt something different when putting on my clothes. I checked and re-checked...but kept seeing/feeling THIS:

In case you can't tell, that's me. Or rather, that's a picture of my clothes. :) Including my belt. Which is on the third notch from the end.

I showed Joe this morning as he was getting ready and he said, "That's great honey" and continued shaving.

"No, Joe. It's fantastic. My belt is on NOTCH THREE!", I replied.

He kept replying that it was good and I kept saying "Notch Three!" until finally he asked if I couldn't hear that he was saying that it was good.

My reply? "Oh. I can hear you. I'm just telling myself over and over again because I can hardly believe it."

My belt has not used this notch EVER. I haven't been this thin in years. And for the past year, I've stayed at the same weight and size - trying to fix myself mentally before I moved on.

I'm finally moving on.

My belt, at notch three is comfortable. I just finished my breakfast and it's still comfortable.

My life hasn't gotten less stressful - in fact, it's gotten more stressful. Things aren't easier. But I'm taking care of myself.

I'm losing weight.

I'm listening to my body.

I feel amazing.

I'm successful.

It feels great to write those things and actually mean them.

P.S. NOTCH THREE! :)

10 Comments:

Jams said...

Congrats on Notch Three!!! That's a HUGE accomplishment. And you're doing it all while you're stressed out so imagine how much easier it will be once that stress is relieved! :)

Keep up the hard work!

Jessie said...

Yay for notch 3!! Just found your blog this morning :-)

Lesia said...

Holy cow girl...CONGRATS! Stress is a BIG pain in the butt on so many levels. When you get it figured out will you clue me in on how to do it. My life is a BIG STRESS and small enjoyments. It sucks for sure.

Katy said...

Notch Three!!!! That's amazing! Notch THREE!!!!!

Missa said...

You should put a sticky-note at your desk at work that says, NOTCH THREE! Fight thru the stressors!

Have a great start to the week!

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel

Tina said...

Notch THREE!?!?!?
WooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Levi said...

Yes, most certainly - yay for notch 3! I'm totally envious as I've not notched a thing in years - I mean that didn't have pimento-flavored canned-cheese spread on it.

Sam said...

Woot woot!!!

Margie M. said...

Notch 3. Hooray!!! Isn't the number 3 your favorite and special number? Seems to me I remember reading something about that around somebody's birthday recently. :) Congratulations!

Margie M. writes at:
www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

TinaM said...

Wow notch 3! That's awesome, good job!!!
I think Missa had a GREAT idea with the sticky note ;)