I don't know about you, but I love a good man. And when he has the ability to write well? (swoon)
A few days ago, I was honored with an award over at Sam's (at Believe In Yourself).
As with most awards, it came with some rules:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
Wow. So it's all downhill from here? Yikes.
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.
Uhh...okay. Since I'm over the age of 18, (a) doesn't exactly appeal to me. They made the soundtrack already to my childhood. It's called "Annie." Exactly like mine, only without Sandy, Daddy Warbucks, an orphanage, and all the singing. But other than that...just like mine. I'm not likely to make a vlog of myself (I can't stand watching them and don't want to put you all through the pain) and first thing in the morning pictures might actually never develop due to the morning breath that accompanies them corroding my camera lens.
So we're left with the most embarrassing thing. Since this is a healthy living blog, I'll make it my most embarrassing thing related to my efforts of getting healthier.
Last year, I started most mornings with a run in the neighborhood where I used to live. It was a great chance to start my day "right." One beautiful morning, I had a particularly great run. As I'm finishing my run, and trying to cross the street, I could've sworn that I heard someone yell "Anne!"
So I, still running, turn to see who was calling me...but I couldn't see anyone who looked like they were trying to get in touch with me...
...and then I ran into a parked car.
I'm not kidding. I wasn't looking where I was going (obviously) and just smacked right into the side of a van. I felt SO stupid, but I was so thankful that it was early in the morning so it's not like the owner would've seen me or anything. But as I passed the drivers window, I realized that the motor was on. I turned around and saw a person in the front seat looking completely confused.
I smiled, waved, and kept running.
Because seriously, what else could I do?
3. Pass this award onto at least 3, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.Since I'm supposed to give it to three, people, I figured I'd give it to the three guys whose blogs I read.
1) Jack Sh*t Gettin' Fit - Has anyone heard of this guy? :) Alright, he may be one of the most popular male health bloggers EVER, but if that's the case, it's for a good reason. His posts are motivational, funny, uplifting, and well written. As my mom would say, he's a good egg.
2) Stages of Change - I'm not sure where I found his blog, but I LOVE it. He's very motivational and doesn't sugar coat things. I wish he'd post more. Just read his post about the Pine Box Derby and see if you don't get chills...
3) Fit With A Purpose - Last but not least is this blogger. I'm sad to say that he's been a follower of mine for a little while and I just started reading him back a few weeks ago. I'm sorry that I didn't read him earlier. He's a runner (and a great one at that) and he's on his on quest to be healthier.
Now go out there, and hug a man. If you don't have a man of your own, smile at one. If you don't "swing" that way, pet a dog. :)