Monday, September 27, 2010

Fabulous fifteen

It's been a while since I've reached for something that felt a little scary.

Last week, I decided to enroll in the Hot 100 Day Challenge hosted by South Beach Steve.  Note: it's not too late to join in!!  It's a 100 day challenge that started on Thursday and goes until the end of 2010.


So far?  I'm totally on track.  I've washed my face each night and have even remembered to take my daily vitamin.  I've also been building up my speed/distance for a 10K. 

It feels good to do good things for myself.

BUT Big Clyde stated that he needed something that was more short term and less...well...far off.

I completely agreed.


Decide on that number and then DO it.

HIS weekend started on Friday and ended last night.

Like any good partier knows, the weekend TECHNICALLY consists of Friday night until Monday morning when you have to go to work.  So that's when MY weekend was.

I claimed the number 15 - through cycling and biking.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd I DID IT! :)

Running Saturday evening on the treadmill at our workout room:
Biking Saturday after the run:

 Running outside (and OH did that feel good!) this morning:

 and biking at the workout room afterwards...

TADA!

That's a total of 15.35 miles.

YIPPEE!

It felt really good to be a part of a short term goal group - and since I knew that Big Clyde was going to persevere, I wanted to do my part too.

It feels good - to set a goal that is a bit scary but doable - and to achieve it.  Plus, I found that cycling after running actually makes my knees feel better...so I might add a few miles at the end of each run anyway.

At the risk of sounding like a song on The Biggest Loser, what did you do this weekend that made you feel proud?



And, if you haven't already done so, it's not too late to enter into the Laughing Cow sweeps for this month.  One lucky commenter wins $150 on a VISA card to spend on whatever they want.  There have been SO FEW people commenting that BOTH of the previous months' winners have been followers of this blog.  With the holidays coming up, who couldn't use $150?  You can enter by writing anything funny in the comments section on my review blog.  If you want more entries, you can tweet about it, blog about it on your page, or just visit the other funny reviewers and enter their contests too.  It's so frickin' easy!  WAY easier than 15 miles of exercise.

11 Comments:

Jams said...

This weekend... I saw a number on the scale I've been working really hard for... and more importantly, I didn't binge when I saw it (and I had the opportunity because I went to a baseball game). Woohoo!

Lanie said...

Great job! You've been biking your funpants off! No crashes??

This weekend my biggest "win" was just eating a bit more fruit. I've been having some knee pain so I've taken it easy on the lower bod but am still maintaining weight.

Karen said...

Good for you! My weekend was horrible since I was traveling. But I met family obligations so I guess that counts for the proud factor.

Anonymous said...

Very good. I like the short term / long term goal and, yes, Big Clyde will be in it 100% Keep up the good work.

Lesia said...

Giving that I have a bad foot, I still went to the Brad Paisley concert and stood to shake my bootie for a few minutes then I rocked the wheels off my wheelchair. Then I followed that by attending a football game the next day where I screamed alot. Does screaming count as a weight loss exercise? If so I think I dropped a couple pounds. Great job on your goal and succeeding too! You go girl!

Auntie Mandy said...

How fun! I would have done it with you, but my husband is a slob and because of his carelessness, I couldn't join my friend who is moving to OHIO! WOOT!

Traci said...

Great job!!!

This weekend: Did not get a sundae with everyone else. Did the 30 Day Shred even though I was sick.

Charlotte said...

15 -- Wow! I really like the idea of a weekend (or weekly) goal, with a specific number. Way to go!

Polar's Mom said...

Wow 15 miles-that's like the diameter of Rhode Island!! Great work!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

The Babe said...

I went hiking. In the outdoors. With sunlight and bugs and stuff that gets into your shoes. 8 months ago I couldn't get from my car to my front door without severe back pain, and I just went up a (very small) mountain.

Proud doesn't even cover it.

Anonymous said...

I kept on track this weekend too! And the scale has been showing it. Oh yah! I'm doing my own 100 Days FOCUS challenge - and it's going well.
D