Wednesday, September 1, 2010

All the voluptuous ladies...

I'm big chested.  Like my bras are either 36DD, 36DDD or 38DD depending on the cut.

And for all the small chested people rolling their eyes at me, I get it.  You want them - or at least some of them.  I also want to wear sundresses or strappy tank tops without huge bands on my shoulders screaming "I can't wear this without a bra!" 

But I have them, and while I (in general) do love them, running with them?  Not so much fun.

You name it, I've tried it.  I've wrapped my chest prior to running.  I've doubled up on sports bras - and that worked for a while.  But still, running at the weight I am (and the girls at the size they are), my entire chest heaves up and down with each step.  When the girls aren't tucked in appropriately, it hurts.  A lot.

And then I found Enell Sports Bras.   And no, they're not paying or compensating me to write that.

Here is the cheapest place I found them.  And Brian, the owner of the place, was really cool when I wanted to exchange one for a smaller size.

They're not pretty or cheap.  And despite the pictures that the website has of girls exercising without a top on, I would NEVER be out in public like this.  Although you might recognize them from the women on "The Biggest Loser" show - their before pictures are always taken in these babies.

They work because they squish your boobs tightly to your chest (so tightly that the first time I wondered if I actually had the right size!).  So yes, my chest still heaves up and down with each step, but they're not so...out there...that it's a big problem.  The straps are supportive and wide.

And they make running a ton easier.

Get one and your boobs will thank me.  No thank you card needed. :)

10 Comments:

Allan said...

Of course, we are getting the pictures....

Lanie said...

I want these. I need these. I don't want to spend the money on these! Especially with my ever-decreasing band size. I would have to buy new bras every month or so. Oh, what to do??? I'll have to break down and get a couple.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Katy said...

I did a triathlon in 2006 and I got one of these puppies before it. The only place I could find a carrier was in this super sketchy part of downtown phx and the dude who owned the store was the creepiest looking guy but totally "all business." It was very strange. Boy aren't those things HUGE? That's what she said. SHAZAM!

Karen said...

I am not self-promoting here, but if you are ever inclined to see the total opposite perspective, you can check out my post about my not-even-A cups. http://waistingtimeblog.com/2010/06/04/my-cups-do-not-runneth-over/

ERICA said...

I have Ds and yeah the sports bra industry is not very interested in us. I finally have a great bra with moving comfort but I will definitely look for these. I wish they were cheaper because in a perfect world I would have one for every day!

Auntie Mandy said...

You know, they do have the slightly imperfect ones. I might check that out.

Girlventures said...

I have a system and it works so far. An old bra, a sports bra and then a tank top with a built in bra. They smush my boobs to my chest, they move, but they don't flop. But I will consider these here. Do you have any recommendations on no granny panties that my butt won't eat while working out?

Lesia said...

I only wish I had this problem:(

spice2116 said...

this reminds me of a comment a guy said, he said that he would date big breasted woman because the breast always get in the way. lol

just think, it is a bigger workout the more stuff you have moving. hahahaha so funny!

Fat Girl vs. World said...

So... of course this is the question I ask...

why does your Smaller Fun Pants icon lack boobs?