Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One hundred chances

First, thank you for all of your kind words yesterday.  I was lucky - and already had an appointment scheduled with my therapist.  We talked about how to handle this situation and then did some EMDR around the feelings of frustration, sadness, and resentment that I have towards him.  Are we done?  No way.  But I have hope that it will get better.  AND I have a plan on how to deal with this particular situation.

So thank you - thank you - thank you.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to get back to each person who posted yesterday - by either emailing you directly (if you have your email set up) or by visiting your blog.  If you don't have either of those, I can't comment back...but please know how much your emails meant to me.  I'm so lucky.  And I was reminded of how priviledged I am to have YOU as one of the people who support and motivate me each time an email came in.  It was like a parade of supporters.  I can't thank you enough.

Okay, so you might have seen around the blogosphere that there is a 100 Day Challenge hosted by South Beach Steve

I have decided to join in.

Basically, from tomorrow, there are only 100 days left in 2010.

Did that hit you upside the head as it did me?

I haven't done all that I set out to at the beginning of the year...and I really want to make some healthy behaviors actual habits.

So here it goes...for the next 100 days I will:

1) Wash my face each night before I go to bed.  I know...some of you are recoiling in disgust.  But I'm that girl.  The girl that sometimes doesn't wash her face.  THE HORROR!  I'll brush my teeth and take my meds, but washing my face seems like SO. MUCH. WORK sometimes.  So I'm vowing to do that for the next 100 days.
2) Take a daily vitamin every day.  No excuses.
3) Run a 10K.
4) Read one food or relationship with food book each month.
5) Get into a new "decade" of weight that I haven't seen in almost a decade by December 31st.  I haven't weighed myself in the last few days, but I'm pretty sure that means dropping 15 pounds.
6) Continue to go to therapy.
7) Continue to practice being gentle with myself.

Each of those goals are how I can be better at being healthier - mind, body, and spirit. 

I have 100 chances to live a better life in 2011 than I do now.  I have 100 chances to make better choices, to build on my success.  I have 100 days to make habits that will help me the rest of my life.

Who's with me? 

What are you going to do the next 100 days to end 2010 on a great note and START 2011 in the best way?

13 Comments:

Karen said...

Glad to have another blog friend along for the challenge:) I love that your goals are so varied and not focused on the whole darn weight thing!!!

Lesia said...

I agree with Karen about mixing up your goals. I want to be able to get my foot done and on its way to recovery in the next 100 days. Thanks for your kind words on my blog too. ((hugs))

Lanie said...

Yay!

Hey - if you WERE to wash your face, what would you use? I've read that actually using plain warm water is the best thing for it! Works for me.

Levi said...

I promise to breathe.

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self said...

I just wanted to say that I read your last post about your dad, and I am sending positive vibes your way! And I really appreciate your perspective in this post. Your attitude of living life to the fullest is very inspiring! :)

ERICA said...

Great post, you'll be a newer better person by 2011! I will admit like you I don't wash my face that often, it's just SOOO cold and I'm tired before bed. Maybe I'll try that too! You have great goals and you will come out of everything a better person.

Katy said...

If it makes you feel better, I only wash my face at night about 10% of the time. Same goes for brushing my teeth at night too. I should be better about it, but most nights I'm like ehhh, not feelin' it. Sometimes I feel extra special and wash my face, brush my teeth and floss, but that's like 5 times a year. Honesty...it will set you free! And disgust people :)

christina said...

100 days to enjoy the process of getting where I want to be... awesome!

Kris said...

...you better be using Mary Kay!!! I do not think 100 Days is enough.....so, I am going to get a shake!
@Janell, yup, that's about all I promise!

Big Clyde said...

I need to think about this, but I think I'll need to jump into a challenge soon.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're joining. Thanks for the e-mail, btw. You didn't have to send one, but I totally appreciate it!!

I like your goals too and I admit, I have gone to bed without washing my face too...so you're not the only one. So let's get our 100 on! Wishing you much success on the last 100 days of 2010.

TinaM said...

Aw you are so sweet. But you really don't have to email each of us :) I think I speak for all of us when I say you are such an inspiration and I love reading your blog so much... Trying to be supportive in hard times is the LEAST I could do!!!

(not to mention I won on your review blog!!! You're so awesome!!! haha, and I thought that way before I won by the way lol)

Those are great goals, good luck, I know you can follow them! (and I don't wash my face before bed either lol)

South Beach Steve said...

Thanks for the great introduction to the Hot 100! I can't wait to see the success you have between now and the end of the year!