Monday, August 9, 2010

Today

It's so very hot outside that running - even in the morning isn't a viable option.  My worklife means that running at night isn't much of an option either.

We DO have one treadmill in our building, but that's usually taken.

So, what's a fat girl to do?

Today at lunch, I bought "The Biggest Loser" Wii game.

Joe is working late tonight so I get to try it...and muddle my weigh (ha!) through it.

I tried the Wii Fit last week before I played hostess to my friends all weekend long.  The games didn't really allow me to break a sweat...although I think that has more to do with the short time duration of each "game."  To all the Wii Fit experts, does the time eventually lengthen?  And where can you get a riser for the Wii Fit board to make the step class more challenging?

I SWEAR I wanted to punch something when I stepped on the "scale" and the little Wii thing said, "That's obese!"  The next category down is "overweight."

Strange, but I can't remember ever wanting to hear something tell me I was overweight before as much as I am now.

12 Comments:

Lanie said...

Yes, some of the workouts get to be longer after you've unlocked the new levels. I use mine primarily to weigh in every day right now so I haven't unlocked very many levels. I primarily use the "Walk it Out" game to burn calories instead.

Birdseye Bullseye, the Super Hula Hoop still get me sweatin and so does one of the Step ones, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called. I just know you can watch regular TV while it's on.

I think you could get risers off Nintendo.com

Enjoy!

Tina said...

Get Wii Active...it'll make you sweat!

Jessica said...

I bought risers at Big Lots and weights to put the wii remote in...so I am breaking a sweat now when I use it. Your workouts will get longer :)

Joy said...

I know, I can't wait to be called "overweight" too. I just moved out of the Morbidly Obese category and I'm Obese now. Even that sounds better than Morbidly Obese. Yikes!!

Lesia said...

I hear you on that one. I would throw the controller right out the door. smile.

spice2116 said...

i love the biggest loser game. and as you do more games it will unlock more. have fun and enjoy it

Auntie Mandy said...

I have been overweight for a week, and I am a little sick of the little voice saying in a very disappointed way, "That's over.weight" SHUT UP YOU LITTLE JERK!

Katy said...

I've thought about buying a wii fit. Is it worth the $?

Kris said...

Katy--I think, yes.
I just got the 10 minute solution on the Wii. I had a great time and it was a workout!!!!!!! Boxing, dodging, step and aerobics! It is great! Let me know how the biggest loser is....

Margie M. said...

That Wii was certainly rude! If he can't say something nice he shouldn't say anything at all. :)

I have no clue about anything Wii, but I'm sure you'll figure it all out and get the workout you need and want. Go for it, girl!!

MizFit said...

we have a wii fit and Ive used it one time.
and that one time it told me I was so uncoordinated that I must walk into things all the time.

Jennifer said...

I love my Wii Fit. I hear the Wii Active really works you out.

Jennifer
http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/