Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Job

I'm going to be interviewing in the next week or two for a job that seems like it would be awesome to have.  Travel would be required and at this time, I don't know exactly where it would be to...but sites that he mentioned were: Australia, Peru, Nevada, Canada, and........Peoria, Illinois.  I'm probably most excited about the first and last one.  First, because I've always wanted to go to Australia.  The last one because that is where my best friend lives...and how cool would it be to visit her once a quarter?  It'd be fantastic.

The new job would also require an upgrade from my current wardrobe.  Probably a good thing that I just went on that shopping spree a few weeks ago (click HERE to read my review and enter to win a $500 shopping spree of your own!).  I'm excited to wear cute skirts, shoes, and slacks and that I don't have to live in fear of getting dirty on a daily basis. 

PLUS, I'd get to take the lightrail to and from work - which would make my life easier.  I'd save on gas, wear and tear on my car, and wouldn't have to be panicked while driving in the snow.  I could sit on the train, read a book, eat breakfast, or just collect my thoughts for a more harmonious day. 

So say a prayer and cross your fingers that the interview goes well and that I get the job.  I think I have a good shot at it, but WOW would it be awesome to be able to change my circumstances in a major way.

Weight

I wish I had good news about this, but the weight is changing - and not in the right direction.  I'm working out more though - and this weekend I'll get to go for a good long run outside.  I've used the Wii Biggest Loser game a few times this week already and I swear Bob Harper wants to kill me.

So I'll keep trudging along and fighting the good fight.  I think I'm also going to brush my teeth after each meal - just to give me a way to PAUSE and evaluate whether more food is indeed what I want.


Blog

'Member a few months ago when I announced that I won a blog makeover from Sam at Believe in Yourself?

Well, after weeks of me being more indecisive than anyone should be, I believe we've come up with a design that is perfect for this blog.  I hope it will be easier to read, easier to distinguish text that are links to other things, and in general, the most awesome thing ever.

So, with any luck, you'll see that new look soon.

7 Comments:

Katy said...

oooh, exciting!Travel to those places sounds awesome! What sort of work? I hope you get it

word verification:chagn
sort of like changin, lol

Big Clyde said...

Wow! That job sounds awesome! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Lanie said...

Visiting Australia is my life's dream. Peoria, not so much, but hey - as long as you're happy!

Congrats! I hope it works out for you!

Crys said...

Just found your blog from Jack's post and I love it! I look forward to following your journey! Good luck with the job. I used to travel a lot for work and it was the most fun I've ever had!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the new look. I loooove messing with blogs...probably why I have so many :) gratz on the job traveling! Sounds like fun, get to see parts of the world! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Travel! Jealous I love to travel. How exciting for you. Hope it all goes well!

Kris said...

happy dance, happy dance , i am doing the happy dance...happy dance, happy dance for my friend in smaller pants!!!!! Sooooooooo exciting!!!!